Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Journey

I'm just doing this to document some of the things I've done so far... Not much though Smiley Sad but will be when I'm done with it Smiley Happy

First off I"m doing this for me and my fiance...

My fiance is just easier to deal with credit wise haha

Her score is 600 EQ FICO and for some reason couldn't get her TU from myfico.com not enough information I think. However I was able to get her reports from annual.

She has 7 collections, 2 from one CA and 5 from the other. I paid the 5 off completely (NCO). I tried like 15 times for PFD over the phone to no avail haha. It was a small amount from medical bills. Now I'm going to GW them like hell, starting with an email to the CEO haha! He will learn to HATE my email. The other 2 CL fall off next month... :/

Other then that we opened an CC for her (FP Smiley Sad ... But gotta start somewhere and I didn't want to go secured Smiley Happy ) We did have a few emergencies... so we had to max out the card... Smiley Sad PIF though beginning of this month but unfortunatley they reported the HL before I paid... DTI 101% Smiley Mad Now the balance has been 0 but I read it was better to use a LITTLE amount so just using the card for scorewatch and thats it, PIF as soon as SW hits. Can't wait for Aprils scores for this one if I can get those TL's deleted Smiley Happy!!!!

Now as for mine... I have the 5 CL's.

I decided the first thing for me to do was DV so I DV'd: CMRRR

Duvera - Undeliverable as Addressed (Don't know what the deal is here... two different address on CR's. I'll try the other address)

CCS - Delivered

ICS - Delivered

PAMGM - Addressee Unknown (I wrote DV with higher ups name... guess I have to resend it with no name???)

For some reason my mom's name is my middle name so I also wrote Equifax for dispute. - Delivered

I called Equifax today and had the name removed and the some old address's removed... will get confirmation in 3 days the CSR said via email...

Guess its a wait game for the DV's.

As far as acct's go... I have 7. 1 good standing account... (another FP card... beggars can't be choosers Smiley Happy )

2 FP charge offs reflecting a balance

2 Utili companys paid as agree... just a LOT of lates

Another utili thats DOFD is 7/06

Called the 2 utlil with lates (happens to be the same company, I moved next door and I guess the move acted as opening a new account) and they said they would remove the TL's... GREAT! No big bad lates (A couple of 120+.... phew!)

I called FP and paid off my charge off CC's... but they said it could take up to 30 days to tell FP and then AFTER that it could take FP ANOTHER 30-60 days to report the TL as PIF and take the dang balance off my CR!

At this point with mine I'm just going to garden for 6months... Not much I can do until all the damage is replaced with goodness anyways... right? Smiley Happy  GW FP as much as I can in the mean time, and wait for DV's... what do I do if they do not respond within 30 days?

With my fiance, just GW the HECK out of NCO and garden for 6 months... Shes pretty much set.

Thoughts, opinions, views, all greatly appreciated...

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Journey

GREAT NEWS!!! I got my first SW alert....

I'M UP 40 POINTS!!!!

563 to 605!!!!

I was jumping up and down at work haha was SOOO EXCITED!!!!

My Eliminate ID order is in now so I'm going to check and see what changed on the report...

I do have a to do list, some CR clean up

For mine:

Call First Premiere
    CC not reporting payment history to Equifax
    CC not reporting right balance to TU
    Check status of CO
Call TWP
    2 accounts - 50001 still reporting to Experian, 50000 to ex and eq
Call ARMCO
    Pay history not reporting on EQ

For my fiance:

Contact Experian
    Dispute AKA name
    Wrong address
Contact Transunion
    Wrong Address
Contact NCO
    See if we can GW over phone

My fiance isn't set up on SW... simply because I don't want the Util to be over 20%.. stinks Smiley Sad

But from time to time I can see me purchasing her FICO scores Smiley Happy.

Thanks for reading...

600 CLUB!!!!

Message 2 of 4
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Happy dance!!!!

some_text

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News!!!

Yesterday I receive a letter from NCO after emailing them...

Dear name

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced accounts. Please be advised that we have processed a payment of 505.00 on March 12, 2013 for the above accounts. So long as this payment is not reveresed, the above accounts shall be closed in our office as paid.

In addition, please be advised that WE HAVE CONTACTED THE CREDIT BUREAUS, with which we do business WITH OUR REQUEST TO DELETE OUR LISTING OF THE ABOVE-REFERENCED ACCOUNTS from your credit proifle for the social security number we have listed in our records. Please be advised that NCO financial systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above accounts on your credit profile.

Federal and State law prohibit certain methods of debt collection and require that we treat you fairly. Please view our website at www.ncogroup.com to review your rights under Federal and State law.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours....

DELETE LETTER!!!! WOOOOT!!!!

I pulled up CR for my fiance and noticed a few things... the balances I previsouly stated were incorrect... are not correct. Is there a different time that each CRA updates their information?

I still have some calling to do tomorrow so I'll post a response.

Thanks for reading!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.