Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Scam! Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Scam! Help

So I made the mistake of going to a credit repair agency. The guy called me one million times after I first called him and stayed on me until I finally trusted him and paid him to get one item removed from my credit. Now it still hasn't come off in a timely manner and I'm inclined to take the matter into my own hands and req a PFD (it's only a $300 charge off) but I don't want to double pay. I did read on the Federal Trade Commission's website under the Credit Repair Organizations Act that is illegal for that company to take money for a service not yet completed. Now I'm furious especially since not only is he not providing results, he's ignoring me everytime I try to contact him. He's always on some type of "important call" Smiley Mad . I'm wondering if there's any action I can or should take. Any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Scam! Help

Rip Off Report him.  And BBB, and state AG.  IF, and only IF you feel that he has truly scammed you. 

Send him a CMRRR letter stating you are unhappy with the results, and you want your money back. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRRR?

Message 3 of 4
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Certified Mail, with a receipt that you get back stating they signed for it and received it...so you can prove that he DID infact get the letter.  I think I paid something like $3 to do this when I have communicated with debt collection agencies. 

He knows exactly how to avoid you so that he does not have to acknowledge your valid complaint.  Receiving a letter that is certified, that he has to sign for, that he knows you can PROVE that he received stating he has failed to provide the services you paid for and demanding your money back may get his attention. 

Keep a copy of the letter. And of course, keep your receipt from the post office with the tracking number on it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.