Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Scams

tag
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Credit Repair Scams

When I realized how many Late Payments I had.I hired Lexington Law to dispute or as they say "challenge them for me'' and that had cost me $200.I saw this advisement for ''Credit Secret' which looks "too good to be true".I can't lie it almost had me for $20.Until I fount out the secret is 'Mehod of Verification'' which might might be good if their is big errors like a Bankruptcy or Lien,but I have Lates.Oh yeah I hope you like to spend alot of time in court,I saw a book Called ''Ultamate Credit Loophole''  it tells you how to change your SSN#.Isn't that fraud  and It's illegal.As far as Credit Repair Companies, they file disputes but it's just one right after another,They never asked me if is was accurate or not.They just stringing you along and hope they get sometime removed.These companies might be good if their is actual error,but it costs alot of money.
     I read alot of books and they all just about say the same thing.What they don't tell you is that .when you dispute something with Credit Bureaus.Its eventually goes through the eOscar System and it is 95% automated.I think a Goodwill Letter might work if your in otherwise good standing with your creditors or just call them and explain your situation.My accounts are closed it didn't work for me.I almost forgot the other Loophole ""Piggybacking" It's when someone puts as an authorised user on  their credit card and they have good credit this works I would only do it with a trusted family member."The Secret Strategy Only Credit Attorneys Use" its a joke its disputes.And don't ever use templates.I think I covered all the bases about these Scams.I just don't want anyone to waste their money on this crap.Put it to something useful.Remember "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is".
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  DIYcredit

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.