Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Service Referral?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Service Referral?

Hello All,

As the tilte says... dont mind paying a fee if I get the result, preferably someone you guys have used and have gotten results from.

The issue:

I have a bad car loan I took out while my credit was in the gutter, creditor is Amercian Credit Acceptance, I won't get into whether they're good or bad, they are what they are, a sub-prime lender and everything that it includes.

Loan started Apr 2014, perfect payment history all the way to Jul & Aug 2015 where I had 2 miss payments back to back, and perfect history since.

I made a stupid blunder mistake not paying those 2 months because I was going to refinance and since ACA's reporting is delayed by a month, I thought once the note was payed off ACA would report it as such the next time it updated... ended up not being able to refinance because the vehicle did not qualify and so the next time it updated the 2 miss payments showed up, eventhough I brought it up to current before it updated...

Anyways my scores are 700 all across but was recently denied a small business loan because of this, and I'm getting prepared to apply for a mortgage and this will most likely get in my way..

I have tried 2 GW letters explaining the situation, have called multiple times, talked to a couple of different managers, and they all say the same thing "ACA has to comply with credit reporting procedures and cannot make exceptions"..

Initiated a dispute with all 3 but that didn't work, so this would be my last resort, any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Service Referral?

Look into Collectionshield360 - at least they dont charge Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Unless they did something wrong/illegal, I don't think there is much a credit repair firm can do for you that you haven't already tried.

It seems to me if you owed those two payments and didn't pay them, there might not be much you can do about it.  

It cannot hurt to use Lexington Law for a month and pay them, but you'd probably be wasting your money.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally don't think you should pay a credit repair for something you can do yourself.  They charge an arm and leg and sometimes no results.  I would suggest reading up and studying the subject and try it for yourself.  I've got alot of things deleted off of my credit files and I done it myself .  If you don't mind how much total is the payments left to pay?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally don't think you should pay a credit repair for something you can do yourself.  They charge an arm and leg and sometimes no results.  I would suggest reading up and studying the subject and try it for yourself.  I've got alot of things deleted off of my credit files and I done it myself .  If you don't mind how much total is the payments left to pay?

Around $13,500.

I have tried everything I can on my own. The problem is that those late payments are factual, so to keep disputing them through the CRAs will probably not gonna do it, (I have tried twice changing my "reason for disputing") unless there is a strategy I don't know of (unethical or not I don't care).

So basically I'm at the mercy of ACA's goodwill, which like I said hasn't worked after two letters (template from here), and two conversations with two different managers.

2 late payments staying in my otherwise perfect file for 7 years is just horrible, CRAs should handle this on a case by case basis if the goal is to accurately reflect one's creditworthiness, I'm getting doors closed because of this freaking booger, I'm soo irritated man, sorry for the rant.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used Lexington before and they helped me. They got a bunch of med collections removed a few years ago and they have yet to reappear on my report. I think in total they got 6 or 7 medical collection removed. I would say go for it. For $100 month,I think it was worth it. I only got rid of them bc I started reading here on this site and I wanted to give it my best shot.And I wanted to learn so I could prevent that from happening again. Good luck
Message 6 of 20
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have used Lexington before and they helped me. They got a bunch of med collections removed a few years ago and they have yet to reappear on my report. I think in total they got 6 or 7 medical collection removed. I would say go for it. For $100 month,I think it was worth it. I only got rid of them bc I started reading here on this site and I wanted to give it my best shot.And I wanted to learn so I could prevent that from happening again. Good luck

Yes, $100 seems like a good investment for something that you could do yourself. 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

As the tilte says... dont mind paying a fee if I get the result, preferably someone you guys have used and have gotten results from.

The issue:

I have a bad car loan I took out while my credit was in the gutter, creditor is Amercian Credit Acceptance, I won't get into whether they're good or bad, they are what they are, a sub-prime lender and everything that it includes.

Loan started Apr 2014, perfect payment history all the way to Jul & Aug 2015 where I had 2 miss payments back to back, and perfect history since.

I made a stupid blunder mistake not paying those 2 months because I was going to refinance and since ACA's reporting is delayed by a month, I thought once the note was payed off ACA would report it as such the next time it updated... ended up not being able to refinance because the vehicle did not qualify and so the next time it updated the 2 miss payments showed up, eventhough I brought it up to current before it updated...

Anyways my scores are 700 all across but was recently denied a small business loan because of this, and I'm getting prepared to apply for a mortgage and this will most likely get in my way..

I have tried 2 GW letters explaining the situation, have called multiple times, talked to a couple of different managers, and they all say the same thing "ACA has to comply with credit reporting procedures and cannot make exceptions"..

Initiated a dispute with all 3 but that didn't work, so this would be my last resort, any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

SkyBlue is $59 per month with a 90 day money back guarantee.

Message 8 of 20
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, $100 seems like a good investment for something that you could do yourself. 

I wish people would stop taking this all-or-nothing nasty approach to the idea of credit repair companies.  Some of us choose to do it because $100/month is worth it because we can be doing other things with that time.  I used Lexington Law for about eight or nine months, and I don't regret it.  I understand that wouldn't work for everyone, and you have to get somewhat involved, spending 15 minutes per month directing them what to do, and sending them any communications from creditors as a result of their actions.

However, it seems like the argument is "you shouldn't use credit repair companies because you can do it yourself," and that's a silly argument with no merit (unless you can't afford it, in which case, by all means, do it yourself -- you should).

Does this mean that I'm stupid if I decide to use an accountant to do my taxes, or a maid to clean my house, or a lawn service company to take care of my lawn, or a lawyer to prepare my will?

Sorry for derailing the thread a little, but I'm so sick of reading this argument (or more commonly, snide comment) which seems on the verge of emotional.  Not all credit repair companies are attempting to bilk money out of unsuspecting consumers -- they're just offering a service.

Credit repair companies indeed cannot legally do anything you cannot do yourself.  I chose to use one for a period of time because, while I was definitely aware that I am capable of figuring out what to do and am able to follow through and do those things, I decided I'd rather pay someone else to do it.  I was the boss and guided them in terms of what I wanted done, but I spent almost no time on it.

In my case, LL removed about eight collections that I probably would have ended up paying.  These were all collections that were disputed, and the collection agency (mostly Midland) obviously had no documentation of any of these debts.  I probably would have just ended up paying them.  In my case, the credit repair company saved me thousands of dollars, while I paid them less than a thousand.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with you on that, perfect example is my case right now.

I'm about to start flipping some real estate in my area and conventional loan is right there in the middle of my financing structure, so if you ask me, is it worth paying Lexington Law 1k over 10 months to remove my 2 lates so that I can go on and start flipping 20k per property? Yes absolutely it is.

I started this post because I thought that perhaps since these companies are in the business, they would have developed some sort of relationship with these lenders, and maybe some of these problems had already become standard procedure between them, or maybe they have some crazy persuading skills that nobody has, or maybe they had found some loophole... the question remains, can they help ME in MY situation?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.