Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Service

So, I'm a very impatient person and hate tedious tasks. I found a company that my mother has used and has had success with who, essentially writes series of letters to paid negative accounts and collections to get them all removed from the credit report...I'm also pretty cynical, and I spoke with Lexington Law before but that reeked of ripoff...(I know very well that this is something I could do myself, I just really really don't want to lol) So this comany, "Credit Justice Services" Writes the letters, sends them to you, you mail them off, when you get the responses you send them to them, then they craft another set based on the responses and so forth...it's a 3 month program and you pay one flat fee (As opposed to paying like $95/month with Lexington) I'm pretty optimistic about whats going to happen...Kind of excited to see...don't have my hopes up too high, just figured I'd give them a try. I like how transparent they are with everything, they gave me removal odds for stuff (nothing was 100%, obvs) but idk..I've got a good feeling about working with them. Anyone else ever have any experience with a CRS? Good or bad. I'm hoping this will do some good on my reports but we shall see! Just sent my first round of letters off to the bureau's. Tell me any of you guys experiences with companies like this

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Service

I've used something like this through Financial Education Services or FES. That's the one where they promote $87/mo fee to get accounts removed from credit. 

I did about 4 months with them. They removed some accounts, but nothing happened with my score. It was nice to have the accounts removed, but knowing how to improve my score and have better knowledge on how credit works is more important to me. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used something like this through Financial Education Services or FES. That's the one where they promote $87/mo fee to get accounts removed from credit. 

I did about 4 months with them. They removed some accounts, but nothing happened with my score. It was nice to have the accounts removed, but knowing how to improve my score and have better knowledge on how credit works is more important to me. 

Ahhhhh gotcha gotcha. Yeah I mean at this point my balances are in a really good place, history is going up, but my denial reasons are still negative accounts, a lot of which I've paid in full which is upsetting...Hopefully with these things removed that could remedy that...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've paid them in full and have proof of that, then use the online dispute through the credit bureaus and note that the account should be marked "paid and closed". 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.