Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Tracking Spreadsheet?

tag
mporter13
New Contributor

Credit Repair Tracking Spreadsheet?

Anyone have a good credit repair tracking spreadsheet? I created one, but was wondering if anyone had anything better they wouldn't mind sharing.

04/18/18: TU-677 EQ-747 EX-756
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Tracking Spreadsheet?

I have one- it's just a spreadsheet I made- simple really..  I have it three ring punched and in my credit repair binder (yes hubby and I needed the 3" binder to fit everything LOL).  I printed 3 pages- used our credit reports and filled in the blanks.  I personally like something I can touch and write on at the kitchen table- and not on the computer.  I will make a psuedo example here so you can see what headings I chose and information I tracked.  This is spreadsheet Number ONE/  italics underneath are sample of what I fill in.  (EDR = estimated date of removal)(X's mark which credit report the account shows up on- so anything with an X means it's showing on that credit report)

Collct Agncy | Original Creditor | Orig. Balance |   Balance  |    Past Due    |  Status        |  Date Placed   |  EDR        |  EXP  |  TU  |  EQ

AFNI                         Charter                $137                  $137               $137               Open           01/2008             04/2013      X        X        X

Credit  Ass.          ACME Inc.               $85                     $54                  $54                Open           07/2006             10/2011     X                   X

Acct. Sol.            Frilly Girl Stuff          $122                  $0                    $0             Closed/Paid     07/2007             02/2014      X        X  

This let me easily get a grasp on things (we had 3 pages full of these when I filled the spreadsheet out and I have 19 rows on each sheet. LOL.  It let me easily see what credit agencies were reporting what, and also quickly pick out medical vs paid accounts etc...   As I went down the list- I wrote down on the right hand side my intentions for each line.  So for example, next to AFNI, if wrote PFD - next to Credit Prot. Ass. I wrote PFD, next to Acct. Rec. Sol, I wrote GW, medical ones i wrote HIPPA.

Then I could easily look down and I tackled them one round at a time so it wasn't so overwhelming for me.  I tacked the PFD's first- and got all of those sent out.  Then another day/week I sent out all the GW letters.  Then another day/week I sent out all of my DV letters (actually only had two of those).  Then finally I tackled the HIPPA letters.  

I also now have another spreadsheet for tracking- and it goes like this  (X's under the 3 credit reporting agencies means that it was deleted and no longer shows on that credit report):

Account    |    Action   |  Date Mailed  |        Response  |        Action #2                       |  Date Mailed |  Response|EXP|TU|EQ|  Misc.

AFNI/Chrtr      PFD              05/2011         AGREED              Mailed PFD Check#123         6/14/2011  received      X     X    X

Fril. Girly.         GW              06/2011           No response       Mailed 2nd GW to John Doe  6/29/2011 accepted     X     X     

Experian   Dispute Address   08/2011       removed

I hope that isn't too confusing- but for me, it works and I can easily see and track my progess and keep a handle on it.  With 40+ collection accounts to keep track of, this method for me has been a life saver.  I would have thrown in the towel and given up a long time ago if I hadn't been so organized with all of this.

All of my stuff is sectioned off in a large 3 ring binder.  It is set-up as follows.  (with dividers seperating each one).

Front pocket on back of frontside of binder is where I keep blank envelopes and blank certified mail 'coupons'.  LOL  Here are the sections:

• Equifax Credit Report Copy - Husband
  • Transunion Credit Report Copy - Husband
  • Experian Credit Report Copy - Husband
  • Equifax Credit Report Copy - Myself
  • Transunion Credit Report Copy - Myself
  • Experian Credit Report Copy - Myself
  • Credit Log  (which is the first spreadsheet example I gave) - also we cross them off when they are deleted and we don't need to do anymore
  • Letter Log  (2nd spreadsheet goes here)
  • HIPPA  (printed whychats hippa process and put it here)
  • Clear plastic sheet covers.  Inside each one is where I file the correspondences back and forth.  Example I have one for AFNI- which has the PFD letter copies that we sent them, and also what they sent back.  If I get bills from collections, I stick them in the respective clear thing as well.  (I use the clear things like folders)

Back pocket on back cover is where i stick letters and things that I need to file correctly or document in the binder.  

Hope this helps =)

Message 2 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 12
Booner72
Senior Contributor

All that seems to work better than the system I used to get myself into this mess.  Throwing unopened mail into the back of my car until a mountain grew.  Then burned.

New system highly complex and meticulous.  Never will I miss a bill again! 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 12
mporter13
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Some really good advise in this thread.

04/18/18: TU-677 EQ-747 EX-756
Message 5 of 12
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I just want to say... YOU ROCK! Thanks for the tips.

Message 6 of 12
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Bruiseviolet,

Do you keep old credit reports in the binder or do you file them? Also how long do you keep any previous credit reports?

Thanks in advance for the response.

NikJ4

Message 7 of 12
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

Bruiseviolet,

Do you keep old credit reports in the binder or do you file them? Also how long do you keep any previous credit reports?

Thanks in advance for the response.

NikJ4

I've only been doing it since March.  However, I paper clip the old credit report and stick the newer one in front.  Then I can compare what has been deleted etc....  I only have 2 or 3 in each right now- and probably instead of putting a 4th in- I will file the old ones in the back or stick them in my file bacinet for awhile.  There really is no need to keep them- other than to track progress and see what's been removed from one report to the next.  =)  Good luck!

Message 8 of 12
spunkygurl82102
Established Member

bump

Message 9 of 12
SunShine82

How did you get the judgement removed? I have 2 from me breaking my lease and I was wondering what to do about them. Thanks!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.