cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair and FAILING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair and FAILING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

So I wont bore everyone with my story, but I'm 27F and trying to figure out how to fix my credit. Things were great then my parents needed help...all leading to I got laid off, so started the long horrible road of yucky credit.I'm now back in a position to start taking care of this mess, I just need honest helpful advice.

1. I've got student loans, some were deferred properly and some weren't. They have been bought by Fed Loan and are in ("In-school Def) ...anything I can do to make these positive?

2. Sprint account , that is in collections ($834)...but the dates are all wrong 

Date Opened: 01/2010 ( I never had an account opened with them during that time, I did have an account with them that went bad years before.)

Balance Date: 10/2014  Why is this date so recent???

What should I do? Ive considered calling to negotiate...should I write a letter to verify first or ????

3. Capital One Credit Card- ($ ???) There is no collection amount...balance...nothing! In the comments it says (CLOSED PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER SOLD TO: MIDLAND FUNDING LLC LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 07/2008=R9 CHARGE OFF LAST PAID: 11/2007)  Same thing should I call or write a letter?

4. I've got an account that is going to clear off in 7 months...should I settle or wait?

Also have two small loans ($300 range) that were taken out from a local business years ago, should I call and settle or wait till they both charge off in July?

5. I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITHIN GOOD STANDING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ONE LATE PYMNT, THAT IS CLOSED..HAS BEEN FOR AWHILE...ITS UNDER MY X'S NAME BUT I WAS AUTHORIZED TO USE IT...WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS???

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempting to Understand Credit Repair and FAILING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

The open date is the date the collection agency first reported to the credit bureaus so ignore this date , you wanna find out the DOFD . For the one that falls off in 7 months offer them 25% for complete deletion . Capital one should be coming off soon but you can offer midland a PFD . For the last one you're probably better off taking your self off the account .
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempting to Understand Credit Repair and FAILING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

What is a DOFD? 

Do I do all this via letters or phone calls?

What about the other questions? Lol...dont mean to sound pushy...just trying to figure out where to begin. How do I take myself off a closed account that is under his name...my credit was never run...he just put me on there as an authorized user?!

Thank you for the quick reply... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair and FAILING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

DOFD is date of first delinquent . That's the date you first stoped paying your bill . You can get this date or the drop off date from your free annualcreditreport.com . All the other dates listed on the accounts don't mean much to you . When your dealing with collection companies you always ways wanna do it by mail so you can keep records of everything . You can call the credit company and ask to be removed from your ex's account , you can then dispute it online with the credit bureaus and they'll take it off .
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I used my free annual CR last month, would I still be able to look at it?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I called and they told me that it first went deliquent 03/08...it is now in dispute status...I was told that I have to email them, and was given a refrence number. SOOO now what!?!?!?! lol HELP!!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was first delinquent 03/2008 it should fall off your report in the next couple months . Who told you to email who ?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection rep that I spoke with said that I can email them and have a DV sent to me...they opened the account 01/2010...ugh Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't even worry about the collection agency . The only date that matters is the 03/08 date . Like I said It will fall off your report sometime around March . After it falls off you can make a deal with the collection agency to pay off the debt if you want to . You don't have to but it's always good to pay your debts even when their off your report .
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh...tell me this gets easier..lol

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.