Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair going on 3 years

tag
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

Credit Repair going on 3 years

I hired a reputable credit repair agency, according to the 73 Yelp reviews. My intent was to get my credit cleaned to purchase a home. It's going on 3 years and by 2018, it'll be 4 years. I'm exhausted from waiting and due to the fact I live in the SF Bay Area, home prices are rising fast! I feel like I'm gonna get priced out if my credit repair is gonna take another 2-3 years. Over the span of 3 years, since 2015, he's gotten about 8 items off, but he had about 23 more items to get off. Should I continue my services or not? I'm paying $130/month plus $25 per deleted item. I read miracle stories on yelp about this company as to why I hired them, but I have yet to see any miracles in my case.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Repair going on 3 years

You can drop that company along with the monthly payment.  Everything they're doing you can do yourself for free.  

Just keep reading here, esp in the rebuilding sections and ask questions about your specific accts.

You can list all your bad accts: creditor or collection agency name, amount etc and we can guide you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.