cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair

tag
amartin89

Credit Repair

Can someone recommend a reputable credit repair company? I am at my wit's end with my credit and I need to get it straightened out. I am tired of paying each month to monitor it only to get pissed when I see my scores. I have no current collection accounts on my credit. I made a payment on my credit card and decreased my balance from 92% down to 53% and lost 17 points from my Equifax credit report. I have credit scores of 639 TU, 625 Equifax and 600 Experian but can not get any additional credit or get my credit score up. I have a 14% DTI and quite honestly I am tired of having to spend so much time on the phone with the credit burueaus. My FICO score as of 05/02/2013 TU 639 and Equifax 630, I need to be in a position to buy a home by June 2014. I have spent way too much time trying to get my credit score up but no luck. Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Repair

Wrong board.  BTW, I wouldnt' waste time with those companies.  You can do the same stuff, with a few stamps and some patience, on your own.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 9
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

Wrong board.  BTW, I wouldnt' waste time with those companies.  You can do the same stuff, with a few stamps and some patience, on your own.

+1 agreed.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sounds like you may have been rebucketed. However, you will get more help in the other forum.

MOD, please move to General Credit Topics . Thank you.
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amartin89 wrote:

Can someone recommend a reputable credit repair company? I am at my wit's end with my credit and I need to get it straightened out. I am tired of paying each month to monitor it only to get pissed when I see my scores. I have no current collection accounts on my credit. I made a payment on my credit card and decreased my balance from 92% down to 53% and lost 17 points from my Equifax credit report. I have credit scores of 639 TU, 625 Equifax and 600 Experian but can not get any additional credit or get my credit score up. I have a 14% DTI and quite honestly I am tired of having to spend so much time on the phone with the credit burueaus. My FICO score as of 05/02/2013 TU 639 and Equifax 630, I need to be in a position to buy a home by June 2014. I have spent way too much time trying to get my credit score up but no luck. Any recommendations?

Credit repair companies are frowned on here at myfico. As others have posted Its pretty much a waste of money for sosomething you can do on your own. I would suggest reading up in the rebuilding forum. Lots of great advice from good people there!! Good luck!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1 you can do the same thing they can by youself.

Good answers everyone!!!!!

Message 6 of 9
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Can someone recommend a reputable credit repair company?
Like everyone else said you can do what the credit repair people will do and you will be saving a lot of money.

I am at my wit's end with my credit and I need to get it straightened out. I am tired of paying each month to monitor it only to get pissed when I see my scores.
Credit repair takes time, even the credit repair company cannot fix your credit overnight.

I have no current collection accounts on my credit. I made a payment on my credit card and decreased my balance from 92% down to 53% and lost 17 points from my Equifax credit report.
To understand why your credit score decreased, be sure to compare you old report to your new one.  Look for changes such as new credit inquiries, newly closed account, etc.

I have credit scores of 639 TU, 625 Equifax and 600 Experian but can not get any additional credit or get my credit score up.
If you are looking for additional credit, have you tried Capital One or a secured card (remember this will likely result in a hard pull).  Or maybe you can try to get a credit line increase, just be sure the issuer does a soft pull instead of a hard pull.

I have a 14% DTI and quite honestly I am tired of having to spend so much time on the phone with the credit burueaus.
I would recommend using snail mail that way you have a record of everything.

My FICO score as of 05/02/2013 TU 639 and Equifax 630, I need to be in a position to buy a home by June 2014. I have spent way too much time trying to get my credit score up but no luck. Any recommendations?
Credit Repair takes time.  When exactly did you start the repair process?  To me it seems like you have plenty of time before June 2014 rolls around.  You are not that far from a 640 which is usually the credit score needed for a FHA or USDA home loan.  Just keep sending the letters, keep paying your bill on time and score will increase little by little.

Message 7 of 9
qd
Regular Contributor

I'm curious as to what is keeping your score down.  You have no collections on your record and paying down your credit card.  I'd be interested to see what actually is being reported on your reports...your AAoA...or number of inquiries made in last year and any old accounts still hanging around perhaps.

Message 8 of 9
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@amartin89 wrote:

FICO doesn't score based on DTI, also. I posted a link in your other thread that mentioned how FICO scores are calculated.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.