Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Ch13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Ch13

I'm a year into my chapter 13 and needless to say I'm extremely worried about my credit. I'm working on rebuilding while still in my 3 year plan (trustee approves as long as it is under 5k) and so far I have a USAA secured card with a CL of 250. Balance on that is 19 dollars. I have a Fingerhut revolving account with a $200 CL and 0 balance. As for installment I have a self lender account that reports monthly. Anyway, I was looking over my reports on MyFico and noticed a lot of misreporting on my accounts that were IIB. If I'm not mistaken the accounts that were IIB should be reporting as IIB and 0 balance right? I just want to make sure I have a leg to stand on when I dispute the accuracy of these accounts. As of right now my EQ is 598, TU 539, EX 529. EX is the bureau that has the most errors and I can tell by the score compared to EQ. Should I send a letter to the creditor first and then continue to dispute after that if not fixed?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
smitty1
New Contributor

Re: Credit Report Ch13

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm a year into my chapter 13 and needless to say I'm extremely worried about my credit. I'm working on rebuilding while still in my 3 year plan (trustee approves as long as it is under 5k) and so far I have a USAA secured card with a CL of 250. Balance on that is 19 dollars. I have a Fingerhut revolving account with a $200 CL and 0 balance. As for installment I have a self lender account that reports monthly. Anyway, I was looking over my reports on MyFico and noticed a lot of misreporting on my accounts that were IIB. If I'm not mistaken the accounts that were IIB should be reporting as IIB and 0 balance right? I just want to make sure I have a leg to stand on when I dispute the accuracy of these accounts. As of right now my EQ is 598, TU 539, EX 529. EX is the bureau that has the most errors and I can tell by the score compared to EQ. Should I send a letter to the creditor first and then continue to dispute after that if not fixed?

I'm a year and a half into my 13.  Most of your reports will clean themselves up with time, right beofre or after your discharge.  I disputed a few items that came back unchanged- the CB's have until your 13 is discharged to fix stuff, so they will take their sweet time about it.  All mine are reporting correct right now, but it took some time, and could change again, until my 3 years is up.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.