Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Clean-Up Question???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Clean-Up Question???

All that is left showing on my credit report is:

Bankruptcy July 2015 and 2 of the accounts that I included in BK.

These 2 accounts show {Zero balance, included in bankruptcy}

Being listed as zero balance and included in bankruptcy, do these still affect my credit score?

If they are a negative factor still, what options do I have for removal?

My understanding is that a GW letter isn't for asking for removals when the debt was never paid, but filed in BK?

Do I have any options, other than time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Report Clean-Up Question???

I followed this plan while rebuilding, though I cleaned report, no BK. I also used secured CU cards. Two or more CU accounts are considered more stable and not likely to burn, the new algorithm for detecting problems by the big banks.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

As far as I can tell, IIB is as good as it gets. If there is more to clean up, that long thread should help. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Imperfectfuture! I've printed off this post. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon what derogs were reported on the account prior its discharge.

The BK is a form of discharge of the debt, and requires update of the debt balance to $0, and obviously prevents any additional accrual of new derogs, such as monthly delinquencies.

However, if derogs occured and were reported prior to the discharge of the debt, yes they would still be included in and effect scoring.

You could still request GW removal of any derogs, but creditors who take a loss on a debt are normally not consumed with feelings of good-will.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.