Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Corrections

tag
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Credit Report Corrections

This week I've been successful getting EQ to change the status of our BK from pending to discharged.  The other two CRA had it correct already.  And, one of the CC included in the BK finally shows that it was included in the bankruptcy instead of a charge off.

I still have on other CC that was included in the BK that is giving me trouble.  It used to say charge off, but now says it's in collections.  So frustrating.  However, the dispute is still going on so we'll see.

I have been completely unsuccessful getting a CA to remove a debt they can't verify and when I dispute it the CRA says it's valid.  I've been fighting it so long that it's now past the statute of limitations.  It's so frustrating.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will write letters to the CRAs today.  This company is trash...refusing to remove something they can't validate, changing dates to make it look current, etc.

Last, but not least I'm trying to remove an inquiry from last month that I know nothing about.  I disputed it but was told to contact the creditor about it.  I haven't a clue who the creditor is.  Other then the item I'm trying to remove, I don't have anything that I owe.  I don't know if the invalid debt was sold to someone else and that's what it is.  Again, very frustrating.

And the other CC that was included in the BK that now shows in collections now has pulled my CR from all 3 agencies so I now have another inquiry.

Sorry for my morning ramble!  At least I had two things fixed this week!

Why do they make it so difficult to clear things up?  They are so quick to add inaccuracies!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Report Corrections

I hear ya fuzzy.

One would think that since it's our credit report, we, as consumers would have more control over what is put on there. I would gladly be in favor of a single CRA. I don't understand why there has to be 3.

/endrant.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Report Corrections

@madmann26 wrote:

I hear ya fuzzy.

One would think that since it's our credit report, we, as consumers would have more control over what is put on there. I would gladly be in favor of a single CRA. I don't understand why there has to be 3.

/endrant.

There are more than 3.... there are only three 'major' ones..  there are smaller ones, targeted ones, specific purpose ones ect ect...

This is business; this is not government. A single CRA would be a monopoly, which is an anti-trust issue... so who do you want controlling this, a 3rd party business with financial gain? or the government with financial gain? pick your poison..

I mean; it is what it is.. your credit file is a collection of data reported to a 3rd party company, who sells the information to another 3rd party company for decision making purposes.. credit reports and files were not really intended for consumers.. the CRAs just capitalized on a market they didn't even know existed..

To a degree, we DO have control over what is put on there in regards to legit negatives and late payments.. its clearly obvious the CRAs need better oversite to make sure their information is accurate, but consumers DO have the option to not be a part of the credit system if they choose to, by paying for everything in cash, not filling out apps ect ect.. is it realistic? probably not but people do it.. all the time...

I didn't have anything essentially hit my file for years because my credit was SO bad, i had to pay for everything in cash... haha.. then I started rebuilding and know the rules of the game, and it makes life a little easier..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.