Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Help

Hello,

I am new to this site. Since I dont have any help regarding my credit problem so I would really appreciate if anyone give me some good advice. I just checked my credit report from transunion and experian. I have 6 credit cards and due to financial hardship two of them (american express and macysvisa) have maxed out starting this year, others have 0 balance on them. This past september I got 30 days late on my macys visa account, I was 4-5 days late before in april and august too. My transunion report does not show macys visa account at all, but it does show one negatve account of medical bill from collection agency which I already paid in 2004, my american express account is in good standing condition there even though it is maxed out, may  be because I tried to pay minimum on time. My experian report does show macys visa and and same medical bill. Macys report that late september payment but not other too. I was wondering if I talk to collection agency regarding my medical bill and see if they remove it from the reports and same thing with macys, would they do that for me . I have not checked my credit score yet, but I am pretty sure its getting low because of that late payment, my credit balance on these 2 cards and also I used to get lots of good offers before but not anymore. I am geting a full time job now and hopefully I will pay on time and will try to lower my balance so please any help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Report Help

1. Where did you get your reports from? I suggest www.annualcreditreport.com to get your yearly free report from each of the 3 credit reporting agencies(allowed by Federal Law) - even if you purchased the reports you currently have - I would use the www.annualcreditreport.com as a base for doing disputes from

2. You will find things may not be exactly the same on every report- some may report to only a particular agency. What you are looking for is inaccurate info.

3. In regards to your medical collection look up HIPPA on these forums( I am not familiar with the process of removal- but there are experts here)

4.You may be able to call Macy's and ask to remove the lates- they may, no harm in asking.

5. Your 'maxed' out cards will definitely lower your scores- If you can work on getting those down to <10% you will see a boost in your scores.

6. The lack of good offers are a result of the economy- If you start seeing offers for First Premiere cards, it's time to panick (just kidding)

7. Scores - you can buy the two scores here- they are true FICO scores- if you are short on funds you can save some money and go to www.creditkarma.com and get a free FAKO (fake fico)- it may not be as accurate- but it will give you a general idea where you stand.

Good Luck- all the answers to your future questions are here- don't be afraid to ask, and welcome to the forum!

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 11-09-2009 05:00 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.