Did you mean: 

Credit Report Question on Credit Card Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Question on Credit Card Accounts

Can anybody help me? please

Hi,

I filed for bankruptcy in 2010, and included all of my credit cards, they were discharged, but when I look at my credit report now, 2 accounts still show up like this\ see below.....How do I go about getting these off of here as "open accounts".  All of my other credit cards that were discharged in the bankruptcy do not show up here.

You have 2 accounts that have been delinquent on payments.

Your current credit report indicates that you have been delinquent on payments for 0 of your open accounts and 2 of your closed accounts. These delinquencies may have occurred at any point over the last 4 years.

Account:   Type: Status: Total Late Payments: Payment Status:

1. SEARS/CBNA Credit CardClosed10%
2. FASHION BUG Credit CardClosed590%
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Report Question on Credit Card Accounts

Discharge of the debt does not require deletion of reporting of derogs and delinquencies that were reported on the account prior to the discharge.

It requires that the balance on the debt be updated to show $0.

None should report as open.  That's just a matter of getting the creditor/debt collector to report a status update to show that any collection is now closed due to absence of remaining debt. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report Question on Credit Card Accounts

Thanks for your response. What really stinks is that I had never been late on any credit cards until I had my first meeting with the bankruptcy attorney and was advised to immediately stop paying all credit cards. It was five months from then that my bankruptcy was discharged so that is why I had "5 late payments". I wish I didn't have to file but my husband had just passed away and I just couldn't pay everything myself. Thanks again for the advise on what to do.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.