Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Questions

Good afternoon:

I have a couple of questions - and like most new posters I'm never sure if I'm posting in the correct forum.

Question #1: Just pulled my new credit reports - all three. I had three medical collections on EQ and EX and only one on TU. I paid two of the collections when I realized that neither insurance nor my payment plan paid them. Well, when I checked my reports today the higher collection ($178) had been removed from both EQ and EP. I never negotiated for its removal, it was just gone. I am grateful beyond words for it........but I guess when we get a little we want a lot. Do you think that it'll be leaving the TU report too? Seems strange that they'd only remove it from two of the CRs and not the third. Wondering if maybe the timing just hasn't caught up with it yet. 

Question #2: (And this really may be for a different forum!) Of the two collections that I have left on EQ and EX (for now, ignoring the one on TU that has already been deleted from the other two) I have one for $45.00 that seems to not be affecting my scores because in the notation it says I only have one (and this one for $45.00 has been paid as well - but to the OC - though it is not stated as "paid.") And one last one for $120.00 that has not been paid because I'm having a hard time getting specific answers as to what it is for. The OC just said "radiology" but never got any dates, etc from them. I don't mind paying it, but I'm not sure what to do. I know I can contact them (the CA)for a "pay for delete" but the $45.00 one reporting is theirs too. Will there be any problem with them since I've already paid it to the OC? In fact, it's been paid for quite some time. 

I'd really like to get this paid if it is something that I owe, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot at the same time. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Report Questions

It's not guaranteed that it will be removed from your TU report.  It depends on if the bureau would randomly remove it, which is unlikely, or whether the agency removes it.   For an oddd reason, they could have decided to move it off of only 2 of the bureaus.  Or, it cuold be a case of Transunion taking extra time in updating it.

On yor second question, it is always worth a shot to see if they'll delete it, even if already paid.  It still happens.  THe one for 120.00 you could dispute if you're not getting the information to satisfy their validation of the debt.  If they still can't come up with the right info then, it could be deleted all together.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report Questions

Thanks. I think they'll be my project for the week. If I owe it, I want to pay it....but there is a chance it's balance billing or that it was included in my payment plan.  Just want to verify what I'm paying for. 

As for TU - it suddenly jumped 34 points yesterday so that collection may now be gone. Just pulled all three CR on the 6th so don't want to pay for another pull yet just to verify. 

Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.