Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report has lien with no court name

tag
CodeSculptor
New Visitor

Credit Report has lien with no court name

I just started "caring" about my credit and got my first absurdly dreadful credit...

It's not that I have many overdue or missed payments...  

Two items I didn't know about at all, actually.  Both are liens, tax leins, according to the credit report.

One is something I acknowledge I could definitely owe.  It'a a Maryland tax lien.

The other report item ONLY has a court number and a case number.

I called all the states that I lived in and can't find anything.

It's only a smidge under $500, and I can pay that off immediately, but don't know how to start without knowing the court...

Here's the info I have 

Tax lien filed on Dec, 2000

Type Tax lien

Court number 190VC00031

Case number 6938167

Date filed Dec, 2000

Amount $497

Does anyone know what court that might be?  Or is that a list of court numbers in a catalog I can look into?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report has lien with no court name

@CodeSculptor wrote:

I just started "caring" about my credit and got my first absurdly dreadful credit...

It's not that I have many overdue or missed payments...  

Two items I didn't know about at all, actually.  Both are liens, tax leins, according to the credit report.

One is something I acknowledge I could definitely owe.  It'a a Maryland tax lien.

The other report item ONLY has a court number and a case number.

I called all the states that I lived in and can't find anything.

It's only a smidge under $500, and I can pay that off immediately, but don't know how to start without knowing the court...

Here's the info I have 

Tax lien filed on Dec, 2000

Type Tax lien

Court number 190VC00031

Case number 6938167

Date filed Dec, 2000

Amount $497

Does anyone know what court that might be?  Or is that a list of court numbers in a catalog I can look into?

In most states the courts have nothing to do with tax liens.  The lien is administrative and then filed with the County Clerk.

Message 2 of 4
CodeSculptor
New Visitor

Does that mean there's no way to find out where the debt is?  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CodeSculptor wrote:

Does that mean there's no way to find out where the debt is?  

I am not sure what the CRAs are required to provide you, but I would think that they have to have a valid creditor or how can they post it to your CR?  Have you tried asking the credit bureau?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.