Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report rant

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Credit Report rant

To me it just seems absurd that I should have to pay for information about myself.  Whether it is the actual report, the score or the "auto score" or whatever the case maybe.  It is my personal information and I should have access to it anytime i want or need it.  AND it shouldnt be so freakin hard to buy a single copy of your credit report!  I do not want every sites monitoring service and it just seems very difficult and in some cases almost impossible to get around.  It is frustrating enough to try to deal with these agencies to get things reported correctly and then they still dont report it correctly and they dont care it isnt their life they are screwing up.  and then  trying to manuever through their stupid site and then have to pay a fee to do it!  ugh.  Seriously $20 a report?  give me a freakin break.  I would love to get this changed, although I have no idea where to start.  I am coming more and more around to Dave Ramsey's whole idea of no credit and just pay cash for everything and not deal with all this stupid red tape.  In general I am not a fan of credit cards to begin with.  The only reason I have the couple i do was to get enough "credit" to buy a house.  another concept that is beyond me- you need to be in debt in order to get into more debt.  Wouldnt it make more sense to loan to those that actually have the money to pay the mortgage payment, rather than tons of credit cards they have to pay on every month.

Sorry for the rant, I have just been dealing with these idiots for 5 years trying to get them to report on a judgment that is iib and they still wont!  I think I finally have the right paperwork from the courts to get this done, but I have to pull each report and send a ton of paperwork to them which in total will be about $100 out of pocket to fix something I have disputed many many times.  ugh.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.