Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Reports

i know you get one free report a year i also got all three with the myfico 3b monitoring but where else can you get them without paying alot of money i see people checking thier reports over and over after they made changes  like having collections removed 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Reports

You can get a daily puller ... Cheapest one I know of is eliminate id theft aka myprivacymatters. You can update all 3 reports every 24 hours and it costs 12.95 a month. Although the scores are FAKO the reports are the same as any other...

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartcredit.com $9.95 a month. Pull your transunion report daily.

Message 3 of 9
Downto0
Regular Contributor

To beging with, I space my three credit reports so that I get one of them every 4 months.  Most data furnishers list their trade line with all three CRAs ( I have never seen where they have not).  The one thing that is different are the inquiries.

There are several credit cards which offer a snapshot of your credit report every month as part of the benefits of using the card.  CitiBank and Cap One are two that I know of.  They list the trade lines but don't go into detail.  However, they do list new accounts and inquiries.  In this way, you know if someone is snooping around or if the new account or inquiry is from a debt collector (they give the name of the data furnisher)...or simply an account you added yourself by appling for a new card.

When I see a new account added or inquiry made on my snap shot CR I apply for credit at a place I know will turn me down.  You get an additional free credit report each time some sort of adverse action is taken because of your credit report.  One caveat, while data furnishers report to all three CRAs they generally do not pull a credit report from all three CRAs so, you won't be able to get all three credit reports.

If you are on public assistance you get one additional report, per year from each CRA.

And, to a lessor degree, every time you dispute with the CRAs they will send you a listing of the account you disputed to show the changes made due to your dispute, but not a full credit report.    

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

the FCRA entitles consumers to a free copy of their credit report if changes are necessitated by outcome of a dispute, or if they are denied credit and the credtior used a credit report as part of their determination of denial.

In the first case, the CRA must provide a copy along with their notice of results of reinvestigation, and thus show that the changes/deletions required by the dispute have been entered in their file.

In the second case, the consumer must send a copy of a credit denail letter to the CRA within 90 days of its receipt.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you dispute an item, you get the updated report. Many people use that to their advantage by disputing and removing old addresses and phone numbers one at a time.

Creditkarma lets you see your TU report, no charge, updated weekly.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can actually join transunion and get your free report and score for only $1.00 for 30 days then cancel. I did this today to get my correct fico score and to dispute 3 debts.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use experian and I did the 7 day trial, and tried to cancel before it charged, but they offer to only charge half of the $24 if I kept it for a full year.

Which I get Experian daily, and the 3 Credit Bureaus once a month. I think it's an offer too good to pass.

It's nice to focus on ONE report. BUT you want to stay active to know whatever you're eyeing is changing or removed.
Message 8 of 9
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you dispute an item, you get the updated report. Many people use that to their advantage by disputing and removing old addresses and phone numbers one at a time.

Creditkarma lets you see your TU report, no charge, updated weekly.

I was going to say something about that, but didn't know if we could talk about it or not heh.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.