Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Requirements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Requirements

A friend do recently asked me what credit score minimum is needed to open a Credit One visa, I started with a Credit One visa but not sure if they offered it to me or if I went online and applied, my friend doesn't know his credit score but has 2 cc accts in collections about 2 yrs now and a student loan in default, will he be able to get this card? He is authorized user on 1 acct (credit card) with a 500CL for 5 more than now, that card has been paid as agreed with very low credit utilization every month-long information would help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Requirements

@Anonymous wrote:
A friend do recently asked me what credit score minimum is needed to open a Credit One visa, I started with a Credit One visa but not sure if they offered it to me or if I went online and applied, my friend doesn't know his credit score but has 2 cc accts in collections about 2 yrs now and a student loan in default, will he be able to get this card? He is authorized user on 1 acct (credit card) with a 500CL for 5 more than now, that card has been paid as agreed with very low credit utilization every month-long information would help.

Your friend should just get a secured card for $200 from OpenSky.  No credit check.  $29 annual fee.

Credit One will wind up costing $200 in fees in almost no time.  With OpenSky you get your $200 back.

Secured cards are much better than the bottom feeding subprime cards.  There is no downside to them.

Message 2 of 5
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 secured card. $49,$99,or $199 deposit and the card has no annual fee. With good use you are eligible for insecure CLIs.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your friend should just get a secured card for $200 from OpenSky.  No credit check.  $29 annual fee.

Credit One will wind up costing $200 in fees in almost no time.  With OpenSky you get your $200 back.

Secured cards are much better than the bottom feeding subprime cards.  There is no downside to them.

^^^^^ THIS.  

Avoid the subprime lenders, particularly Credit One. They are wholly owned by Sherman Capital, a very large Junk Debt Buyer and an alias of LVNV among others. This company ruins your credit with the left hand while offering credit to those they have helped ruin (at predatory terms) with the right.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you guys for your advice and valuable information.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.