cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score 660 - how can I increase it????

tag
tiff
Regular Contributor

Credit Score 660 - how can I increase it????

I was wondering what is the best way to increase my credit score other than cc util%.  My utilization is low.  I was thinking of getting another cc.  I have three.  Total combined limit is 1150.00. I got them for rebuilding purposes only.

help...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score 660 - how can I increase it????

Do you have any baddies on your reports???...if so...what are they???...
Message 2 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

3 cc's is kinda light. I would see if I could add a store card and a gas card. 10% of your score is devoted to mix of credit.  And don't be late - payment history is 35% of your score.

If all you can qaulify for right now are the rebuilder type cards, I'd visit my local credit union.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 9
tiff
Regular Contributor

The only baddies I have is listed below:

1.  90 late 9/06 student loan
2.  mortgage where  foreclosure was started but cancelled.  I've been current for 6 months now
3.  car repo - but was paid 8/2006.  date of 1st delinq is 9/2003.  On equifax it's still listed as a bad debt charge off
4.  late payments on a previous mortgage in 2006, paid and closed

Message 4 of 9
tiff
Regular Contributor

It's not that I don't qualify for any of the others....With a 660 I'm assuming that I could get any card now.  I have not tried because the simulator says added another cc might decrease my score.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which score is this???...I was not saying you can't get anymore CC's...try...www.whogavemecredit.com...search you state and see who pulls which scores...or do a search based on credit...that site helps...
Message 6 of 9
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

tiff wrote:

2.  mortgage where  foreclosure was started but cancelled.  I've been current for 6 months now
3.  car repo - but was paid 8/2006.  date of 1st delinq is 9/2003.  On equifax it's still listed as a bad debt charge off

tiff, these items are what's keeping your score down. You should add a few more cl's to help but nothing will help more until those age off.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah- You could very well take a short term FICO dip-

It will recover in a few months-

tiff wrote:
It's not that I don't qualify for any of the others....With a 660 I'm assuming that I could get any card now.  I have not tried because the simulator says added another cc might decrease my score.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

tiff wrote:

Is this account still open, if so I would send GW on this. It will be 2 in September, so might get a small increase then.

If it is reporting as a foreclosure on your CR, try to get the company to remove. I do not know exactly how that works when foreclosure had began but you get it paid up before it happens.

Does it say paid or showing a balance?

You can try GW. However, if this is an older account or your oldest account(you don't state when it was opened) the company could delete all together and that might actually hurt you more than having it there with the lates.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.