Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score JUMP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score JUMP!

I received a notification from CCT there was a change to my report. I log in and BAM! My score JUMPED!!

My new numbers are:

EX 581 (+26)

TU 577 (+36)

EQ 580 (+30)

So, I went to the Capital One site to see if I could get approved for a QS1 and got approved for $500 CL!

I currently have Captial One $300CL and Carsons $250CL. And, have only had these acounts since 9/2015.

This good. Real good.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score JUMP!

So you just got your 3rd card? If so you should see another extra boost soon for having 3+ cards imo.

And grats on the score jumps!

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

So you just got your 3rd card? If so you should see another extra boost soon for having 3+ cards imo.

Yes, this is my 3rd card. I tried to get one last month after the first 2 but got denied. I really wanted a rewards card to use for the money I spend anyway (gas, groceries, etc).

Message 3 of 28
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Congrats its a wonderfulllll feeling!! i just love seeing that approved message on the screen .. music to my ears after being denied through all of my life Smiley Sad

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 28
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I have been reading through the many posts here that 3 cc's are best, but not sure these include dept store cards? This means, I need to get 1 more card at some point. I really want a Discover, but my scores are no where near that finish line.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! On your way up for sure!

Message 7 of 28
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

A store card will appear nearly the same, you just need 3 revolvers, which a store card is. You don't want to fill your file full of inquiries at the rate of a possible decline. Discover is hard to get in with, especially if you have any negatives left on your report. I have one paid collection and scores in the 700s and still haven't been able to get in with them. I gave up though as I have no need for a ton of cards. I currently have DCU Visa 5k, Commerce Bank 6k, QS1 3k, Barclays Apple 2k, Dodge Card 3k. And two of my secured rebuilder cards I've been toting around, probably should cancel. At this point I've realized I have no use for all of these cards, and it actually has been brought up during car financing etc. on another note though, congrats on the approval.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
A store card will appear nearly the same, you just need 3 revolvers, which a store card is. You don't want to fill your file full of inquiries at the rate of a possible decline. Discover is hard to get in with, especially if you have any negatives left on your report. I have one paid collection and scores in the 700s and still haven't been able to get in with them. I gave up though as I have no need for a ton of cards. I currently have DCU Visa 5k, Commerce Bank 6k, QS1 3k, Barclays Apple 2k, Dodge Card 3k. And two of my secured rebuilder cards I've been toting around, probably should cancel. At this point I've realized I have no use for all of these cards, and it actually has been brought up during car financing etc. on another note though, congrats on the approval.

Thanks for the feedback. I do not want a bunch of cards, but the ones I do have should make sense based on my needs. I have some old collections I need to pay and hope to get deleted. And, I am 5 months into a permanent modification (3 trial, 2 regular) in which BOA has not reported any payments since May 2015 - when my trial mod began. Ho hum ... the waiting is almost unbearable!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I had the same scores in July-Aug.

IT WILL RISE FROM THE DEAD. I PROMISE.

I have 4 unsecured, 2 Store Cards.  I'm just bored out of my mind in the garden, not allowing anything that could cause an Inquiry, running highlighters thru my credit reports searching for discrepancies and becoming the Dispute Queen.

Congrats and YAY FOR CASH BACK!!!! THIS IS EXCITING!!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.