Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score change - question

tag
elleng81
Contributor

Credit Score change - question

Hello. I disputed my car loan with Wells Fargo Dealer Services in January as they had the balance incorrect on all three reports and were showing that I had a past due balance. They corrected that information but the dispute comments remained (consumer disagrees after resolution or something).  I sent a GW letter to Wells Fargo Dealer Services in April requesting the removal of my three latest (Nov 11, Dec 11, Jan 12). I recvd a response mid-May that said that they are reporting accurately and the lates will stay. I get a ScoreWatch alert today that shows my score increased by 15 points and it showed the Wells Fargo account and the difference between the before and after is that there are no longer dispute comments and it no longer shows a balance anymore? Why would that happen?

Any input is appreciated!
Ellen

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
elleng81
Contributor

Re: Credit Score change - question

bump. anyone have any clue as to why this could happen? or should i call Wells?

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When an OC account is in dispute certain aspects of the account are removed from scoring.  When the dispute is resolved your score will either go back to what it was pre-dispute or may go up or down depending on what happened.

Message 3 of 7
elleng81
Contributor

Thanks, Guiness. I wonder why the balance was removed though?

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is the account paid and closed?  If so there should be no balance.

If it is still open, then the balance removed could be where you got your points.

Message 5 of 7
elleng81
Contributor

It is still opened. The balance should be around $8,000 or so.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

On the balance, SW alerts sometimes does not show the balance, even though the balance reports. I just got a SW alert for such an alert due to a status change in an acct.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.