Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score update

tag
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Credit Score update

This is from USAA Credit Score Monitoring. These scores are after Enhanced recovery was deleted. Experian is reporting 16 collections accounts that should be coming off soon because they are not mine. I currently Have Midland for $300 and diversified consultants was paid for less then what was owed and I have sent them a few GW letters. My current utilization is 81% and i have a budget plan to get it to about 10% in 6 months. Ehnaced recovery was the first thing I got deleted and it was exciting seeing it come off. Im hoping once my utilization goes down I will be near 700. I want to increase my USAA card once I pay down my utilization on everything. Anyone have an suggestions for me to increase my score more?

Oldest Account 5 Years 11 Months
AAOA 2 years 3 months

Current Cards
Barclaycardus - $3200 Limit - No Lates
USAA - $500 Limit - No Lates
Cap1 - $300 Limit - No Lates
Military Star card for exchange only - $4200 limit - No Lates

Loans
Car Loan - $16,000 - No Lates
Intallment Loan - $3000 - No Lates
Installment Loan - $600 - No Lates

Collections
Midland - $321 - DV letter nothing heard
Diversified Consultants - Paid for less than balance, sent GW
USCB Inc - $6,400 - Not mine and I was 17 when they say these came from. In process of being removed. Only reported on experian

Experian®
Score Date: 9/21/2013
Equifax®
TransUnion®
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Score update

Looks like with all those accounts coming off your scores will be heading north 

Keep up the good workSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
mikie209
Regular Contributor

I just got a response from my DVD letter today and they did validate. Should I just go ahead and PIF and then GW? I know midland is a pain.
Message 3 of 6
mikie209
Regular Contributor

DV letter *
Message 4 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Your scores will be shooting up in no time.

I would send certified mail asking for a PFD. If after fighting with them and not getting a PFD, I would PIF and GW the crap out of them until they get so annoyed they just do it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send a PFD, but regular mail, not CMRRR.  A PFD is a type of GW and a CMRRR sort of forces it on them.  They are not easy to deal with to start with so you don't want to make it worse.

If they say no or just don't answer, pay it then GW them.  It seems they are more open to GW than a PFD.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.