Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Wont GoodWill

tag
Jess421
Contributor

Credit Union Wont GoodWill

So I sent my old credit union a GW letter asking them to remove 1 30 day late.  They responsed with they report accurately to all credit bureus and they could not do so.  Should I keep sending letters?  I wasnt even a full 30 days late when they reported it.  Yes it was close about 3 weeks.  Any advice?

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Re: Credit Union Wont GoodWill

Did you just do a general GW or a specific person? If general, try a higher up like a VP.  I can try to help you find one, if you provide the CU .

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Jess421 wrote:

So I sent my old credit union a GW letter asking them to remove 1 30 day late.  They responsed with they report accurately to all credit bureus and they could not do so.  Should I keep sending letters?  I wasnt even a full 30 days late when they reported it.  Yes it was close about 3 weeks.  Any advice?

If you weren't 30 days late, it should not have been reported.  Period.

You can always file a direct dispute with them under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have to investigae and make corrections and notify you within 30 days.

Message 3 of 7
Jess421
Contributor

I disputed with the BBB to see if that works.  I havent heard anything back yet on it. 

Message 4 of 7
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Did you dispute to a general address or specific person? If general, try a higher up (dir, vp etc).  Sometimes reporting them to the BBB will backfire, because they may see that as a negative-not always, but sometimes..just an FYI.

Message 5 of 7
Jess421
Contributor

Ya I dont know if it will work or not but I figured it was worth a shot.

Message 6 of 7
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Jess-did you GW to a general addr or specific person? Also, which CU is this?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.