Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union reporting issue

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Union reporting issue

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, it can do that but they must have a person that handles all that info. Changes need to be made at times.

Ok...well it has already been reported.  So, now I need the CRA to correct it.  The CU has written a letter for me.  Will a CRA allow a faxed copy of the letter?

***From ashy to classy***
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRAs take the word of the creditor. The CRAs PC sends a message to the OCs PC.  It will make any changes that are in that PC.

Keep in mind that the CRA is a middle person only.   The creditor tells the CRA something and they report it.......You tell the CRA something (like a dispute)....The CRA will contact the PC for the OC and report whatever it is told. If it isn't corrected in that PC it will not be changed.

I do not know if a fax is accepted. They have rules and regulations that they use and everything is coded.

Im sorry but thats all that I know.

Message 12 of 18
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The CRAs take the word of the creditor. The CRAs PC sends a message to the OCs PC.  It will make any changes that are in that PC.

Keep in mind that the CRA is a middle person only.   The creditor tells the CRA something and they report it.......You tell the CRA something (like a dispute)....The CRA will contact the PC for the OC and report whatever it is told. If it isn't corrected in that PC it will not be changed.

I do not know if a fax is accepted. They have rules and regulations that they use and everything is coded.

Im sorry but thats all that I know.

So a formal dispute is the only way to get this corrected?  I need something much quicker than that... Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 18
BP2003
Regular Contributor

I have a signed letter from the Credit Union Bank Manager.  Any ideas on the quickest way of getting this "30 day late" issue resolved?

Message 14 of 18
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

You may try taking this letter to the nearest EQ office, if there is one near you.

But there IS one person at the CU that knows how to fix this, the ONE who reported it to the EQ.

Have you tried to talk with someone in bookkeeping dept?

EQ only reports what the CU told them to report,

Someone at the CU entered this info in their computer, that told EQ computer what to report.

You just need to keep asking who is responsible to enter this info in the computer, that's the person who can fix this.

If all else fails, just ask someone at the CU, to please call EQ and fix this situation.

Good luck to you. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 15 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I agree with all that's been said.  When the time comes that you want to app for the loan...keep that paper with you & explain that this "fix" is in the works.  Once you know it's been reported to EQ...ask your LO for a rapid re-score.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 18
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Good Info!

I called EQ this morning, and the gentlemen went ahead and filed a dispute over the phone for me, and gave me the fax # for EQ so that I could send them the corresponding letter from my CU.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Message 17 of 18
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Thank goodness!!!  They deleted late last night!  I got the update from EQ via e-mail, and I pulled my EQ via myFICO and my score went from 626 to 657.Smiley Happy

Still got work to do though!

Thanks for all of your help!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.