cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions RULE!!! got a big boy card :)

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Credit Unions RULE!!! got a big boy card :)

Hello fellow fico'rs I had to share with you the graditude I have for all the information shared here and the support of the community as a whole...I wouldn't be where I am today without you.

finally got my credit score to a point to where I could trade my car in 22.9% and get a decent interest rate..4.39% on 72m approved by a local credit union to my surprise scores are below) my auto enhanced came in at 698 Smiley Surprised long story short I've been trying to get away from the 300 hsbc bestbuy 450 orchard 500 secured cap1 and 500 credit step cap one cards for a year to no avai, however when I signed my loan docs at the dealership (got a 2010 c300 yeah) they told me I was now a member of wright-patt credit union and could now open banking account...yada yada yada. I said ok got my payment book yesterday and decided to call today to move my checking and savings over to establish a relationship like recommend here and asked about apply for a mastercard also to get away from the "starter" cards and low and behold they approved me for 3000.00 I was like sure ok and then he said you should have your card in a week.....I've pretty much been numb and still in somewhat disbelief that I actually finally see me making progress to get back to pre 2004 credit status...it feels beyond good! I'm truly now a firm believer in credit unions and look so for to the relationship I will be building with mine.

Please note this is not to boast but to share that with continued effort and following the many great post in this forum there will be success I'm an ongoing example and to also thank all of you for sharing everything you have to help us all.

Thank you so much!!!

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
samdubs
Contributor

Re: Credit Unions RULE!!! got a big boy card :)

Congrats!! The credit union route is awesome. NFCU hooked me up in the same way yours did!

Message 2 of 12
mcf
Contributor

Hey CONGRATS on your success!! It took a while of suffering but your on the right track and dont look back! Stay focused and positive and everything will work in your favor!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 12
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Congrats, its stories like yours that motivate me. I am happy for you. Keep going, get qualified and go for an Amex or something that makes you say ahhhh, life is good.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Congrats! It doesn't matter, it's your success story. Even better if your story helps at least 1 person out. NFCU has helped me and others in this forum the same way your CU has helped you.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
mlanca83
New Contributor

That's awesome! I am so relieved to see someone like myself movin on up! Cash and Sam, I'm thinking of going to nfcu for a card. What proof of military eligibility did u need? My gramps was army ww2, step dad marine and brother is Air Force! I think I am good on the sliding in by being family.

Starting Score:550
Current Score: 683 EQ 680 TU
GoalScore 720
Message 7 of 12
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words...and yes its a huge start for me. I will have to wait for my BK to drop off next year before getting a "prime bank" card like chase, amex and so on. Now the only thing left on the todo list is a house in about 5-6 months...still working on my fiances scores with a gang of medical collections we are trying to get cleared up.As they say the journey continues...but I'm so happy I completed a level Smiley Happy

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 8 of 12
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 9 of 12
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

grats, good to see you moving up, can't wait til I hit prime with ya.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.