Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Warriors Keep Me In Mind

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Warriors Keep Me In Mind

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I mailed off my PFD via certified mail. Got my green paper back with a name and signature. Then I heard nothing.

A couple days ago my score jumped +34. My new fico released my updated report on 3/1/17 and this collection was still listed. On 3/2/2017 the collection has been deleted across the board. I saw it when my CK updated. So, I called all three bureaus, and sure enough, it was deleted.

So, now I'm like "great, it's been sold."

I should contact the OC at this point, correct?

I think your first step should have been to contact the OC when you said you didn't recognize the debt. Believe it or not, as long as the information they have matches for you, it can be verified. That information, however, could be solely your name.

I had an electric bill collection on my reports that wasn't mine. I disputed it, it came back verified. I called the electric company in question and they couldn't find an account matching my personal information. 

Call the CA and inquire about the status of the account without mentioning it has disappeared from your files.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.