Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

0 Kudos

Credit app after judgments removed? Denied.

I had 3 judgments removed last week from all 3 credit bureaus. My credit is now clean. Got excited and applied for a Cap 1 card, but was denied due to "legal action pending against applicant." There's nothing negative on my credit reports at all. Anyone else have this happen? I feel like they are basing this on my old reports which still had the judgments.
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Credit app after judgments removed? Denied.

I would call them. Sounds more like they have legal action pending against you.

EQ 679 EXP 700 TU 763
Contributor
0 Kudos

try the recon line. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 750
Current Scores: EQ 749, EX 749, TU 743 ..................... Inq: EQ: 2, EX: 3, TU: 4

0 Kudos

I didn't stop to think that one of the removed judgments may have originated with Capital 1. Dumb move on my part.
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It happens; welcome! I have also seen this when a Lis pendens  has been filed. Any real estate issues going on?

Current Score: EQ753 TU769 EX778
Goal Score: 800's once again

Note to self: USAA LIMITLESS, THEN Garden. Must garden till 3rd Qtr, 2018
0 Kudos

No real estate issues. Does Capital One search county court records in that 60 second instant online approval ?? Even tho my judgments were removed from my credit reports, one is unpaid.
Established Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The change by Equifax, Experian and TransUnion will take effect July 1, 2017, as part of a plan to ensure that consumer identifications in the data are accurate and current.

So Cap1 cannot see the Judgements via credit reports. My guess is that Cap1 might be one of those that were removed. That would be the only way of knowing.

7/1/2017 FAKO Score by: CreditWise (Cap1) 645.

7/22/2016 Scores by MyFICO: Exp - 595 TU - 607 EQ - 621
7/20/2016 Scores by CCT: Exp - 595 TU - 597 EQ - 613 (SOME ITEMS DIDN'T UPDATE)
6/20/2016 Scores by CCT: Exp - 586 TU - 592 EQ - 603
Starting FAKO Scores were all low 500's Aug 2015.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. I am wondering if creditors are using other methods to check for public records now that so many are being scrubbed from credi reports.
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Removal of public record information from a consumer's credit report is not always based on the information no longer being posted in the public record or a determination that the debt is not owed.  Unless the court has formally vacated the judgment, it may still be enforceable even though excluded from the consumer's credit report.

That is particularly true in view of the new National Consumer Assistance Plan being implemented by the CRAs, wherein the CRAs are removing some judgments based only on not meeting certain verification standards of including a full name and an SSN or date of birth.  Removal under the National Consumer Assistance Plan is thus not evidence of lack of validity or enforceability of the judgment.

If a creditor is aware of a public record, such as via their own internal business records or their own search of the public records, they are not precluded from using that information simply because a CRA either has not found the public record information or has removed it from their files based on their National Consumer Assistance Plan.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Have them in written form. They can also ask for fax version of the dropped Judgements.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.