Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit builder loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit builder loan

Hello all....

I'm looking for info on credit unions online that would do a credit builder loan. I live in Ohio. The credit union I belong to only report to equifax but they do offer credit builder loans. I was looking at Penfed but it looks like you gotta have the GOOD credit I'm shooting for to get approved there. ANY suggestions for online credit builder loans that report to all 3 bureaus are welcome. Thanks 

(Scores for ppl on mobile EQ-655 TU-629 EX- 668)

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit builder loan

SDFCU does secured personal loans and reports to all three CRA's. Easy to jion as well. They do not even pull for a secured loan.

The real question though is do you actually NEED an installment loan for score purposes? Do you have an auto loan? Do you have any active student loans?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have a car loan and a student loan I'm paying on

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I have a car loan and a student loan I'm paying on

Then forget credit builder loans. They will not help you out, and may actually lower your scores by reducing your AAoA. You've got enough accounts, now is the time to let them age, and as you qualify for better unsecured cards, close out the secured cards. If you have more than one year of payment history on current revolving accounts, then you might apply for Barclays.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.