cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit bureau and creditor will not work together, any ideas?

tag
MachoMarkSaavge
Valued Member

Credit bureau and creditor will not work together, any ideas?

Long story short. I had a car loan through American Honda Financial. Paid the car off, never late. FFWD 6 months, go to CU to open account, credit score is 640. Can not get approved for credit card. I am baffled as I dont have any adverse accounts. I pull myfico TU, the same one the bank pulled. And i see where my payment history is SPOTLESS on the account but in the right hand corner under pay status <account 120 days past due>, date closed 07/31/12 Max Delinquency 120 days 07/2012.

The same thing was on my equifax account, i disputed and it was gone within a week. Experian stayed OK.

So I dispute the item via online dispute with transunion. Wait the 30 days, comes back verified, nothing changed. So I call Honda they say no your account shows perfect, i will send you a letter to send to TU, they send me a letter stating i was never late. Send that to TU, they open another investigation, still comes back verified. Dispute again, and I got flagged as a chronic disputer and can not dispute that item.

So I call Honda again today, and they gave me a control # for TU, and to call them and give them this # and they will fix it. Well TU said they cant do anything with that #, and will open another dispute. I said they keep coming back with great pay history but this little note in the corner they cant change/see. He said that is all he can do.

Where can I go from here, I am so mad at the moment. I just cant let it be on there, but either company really wants to do anything about it, Honda puts it TU, TU puts it on Honda.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit bureau and creditor will not work together, any ideas?

File a complaint with the CFPB.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Ya the 5,000 lb gorilla in the corner named the CFPB will have to push TU around some.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In the dispute process, the CRA is required to send a copy of the dispute to the furnisher, and the furnisher is required to respond back to the CRA.

The CRA will almost invariably rely upon the response from the furnisher as the outcome of the dispute.

Which begs the question... if the creditor states they agree that the reporting is inaccurate, did they respond as such to the CRA?

Did the CRA ever contact them?

The FCRA provides the consumer the right, if they question the CRAs reinvestigation procedure, to send them a written request for the methods and procedures they followed, including the parties they contacts.  This is generally referred to as a method of verification, or MOV, request.  FCRA 611(a)(6)(iii) and 611(a)(7).

Something is fishy in their process.  Send an MOV.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.