cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit bureau dispute complete within 5 days??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit bureau dispute complete within 5 days??

Hello all...new to the forumSmiley Happy I disputed some items on my EQ credit report on 7/4 and already got a notification from EQ that the investigation has been completed. Unable to view the results online...they will be mailed to me. Has anyone experienced such a quick response from the credit bureaus? I've disputed items in the past and it's taken just about 30 days for the investigation to be completed. Good sign, I hope!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit bureau dispute complete within 5 days??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all...new to the forumSmiley Happy I disputed some items on my EQ credit report on 7/4 and already got a notification from EQ that the investigation has been completed. Unable to view the results online...they will be mailed to me. Has anyone experienced such a quick response from the credit bureaus? I've disputed items in the past and it's taken just about 30 days for the investigation to be completed. Good sign, I hope!

Yep I have had 5 day turn arounds before from all the CRAs, some were good news some were not no way to know until you actually get your hands on the results unless you pull the report.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

I don't want to disappoint you but most likely they were validated. For me it always was not good.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 4 of 9
LiberatedRN
Contributor

Hello,

I also filed a dispute on my EQ report and within a week the item was removed. It was a collection that was actually paid before it went to collection, and I guess the medical office verified the information. That was super fast, I thought it would be at least a month.  I hope you get good news!

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 5 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

Anyways there are more ways to remove negatives. I wish you very best of luck
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LiberatedRN wrote:

Hello,

I also filed a dispute on my EQ report and within a week the item was removed. It was a collection that was actually paid before it went to collection, and I guess the medical office verified the information. That was super fast, I thought it would be at least a month.  I hope you get good news!

Wow, that was very fast! Thanks for sharing your experience

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eric19k wrote:
I don't want to disappoint you but most likely they were validated. For me it always was not good.

I'm kind of expecting that...guess I'll find out soon. Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

I was just reading some older posts and it seems that people also are having tradelines deleted after 5-15 days. Everything should be good.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.