Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card advice

I recently have been on the road to recovery with my credit, I was very irresponsible in my early 20s. Im currently at 580 after a couple years of not using any credit and letting some stuff fall off my report. Now I recently got a secured card from USAA and was wondering if there are any unsecured cards or even store cards that i wouldd be able to get with my current situation? I have 2 baddies on my credit and a state tax lien that is actually my dads and ive been having a hell of a time getting it off.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card advice

I'd app with secured cards - Discover and CapOne

The Discover will graduate to unsecured in a year if you use it wisely.

The CapOne will get a CLI in about 5 months

Below 600 I'd also consider a secured personal loan. You could app for Credit One but there's an AF it'll help you but I'd burn it once you hit 650.

Honestly your best option is secured for the time being you can risk app'ing places but sub-600 be prepared for denials. Even 601-649 you'll still get a lot of denials.

That tax lien is severely dragging you down the two collections aren't that bad probably only 30 points off for those 2 but tax lien wouldn't be surprised if it's 60+ point dent.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.