Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card balance re: score pull

tag
Kat78
Valued Member

Credit card balance re: score pull

Have recently purchased credit card in December, already paid the full balance on dec.28 not knowing when it would report. Recently had to use card to pay a debt of 125 dollars to keep an account from going on credit report. We are now expecting a pull of credit score on monday and I looked on our bill online and it looks like it closed monthly 1-3-2013.  Will this have a negative impact on my score, because I know util will be high. Or if I pay credit card balance today and have it at 0 balance as of today, will this help at all?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card balance re: score pull

@Kat78 wrote:

Have recently purchased credit card in December, already paid the full balance on dec.28 not knowing when it would report. Recently had to use card to pay a debt of 125 dollars to keep an account from going on credit report. We are now expecting a pull of credit score on monday and I looked on our bill online and it looks like it closed monthly 1-3-2013.  Will this have a negative impact on my score, because I know util will be high. Or if I pay credit card balance today and have it at 0 balance as of today, will this help at all?

If I understand your question correctly 

If the statement closed yesterday that balance will be reported to the CB's even if paid today.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
Kat78
Valued Member

Re: Credit card balance re: score pull

Ok that's what I thought too but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.