Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card debt with court summons

tag
corysti
Valued Member

Credit card debt with court summons

I posted on here around three months ago asking for help on what I should do and I thought I got something figured out but apparently not. Around 3 months ago I got a court summons from a local attorney that was taking care of a old credit card I owed. As soon as I got the summons I immediatly called the attorney office and asked what I could do to fix this to keep us out of court and she said we can set up a payment plan to pay what was owed and I agreed to the terms. While we were talking I asked the lady what do we do with this summons I have and do I need to do anything and she said "No, just keep it for your records". I didn't think of it but I paid that next month like I was suppose to then I got sick and went into the hospital and i was there for a while and couldn't work I kinda got behind and Im just starting to get caught up but at the time I was paying the stuff that was the most important for me to survive on a day to day basis. Yesterday I got the mail in and I had a Writ of Garnishment paper stating that money will be garnished from my paycheck im assuming but it didn't tell me how I could protest this or even how much they will be taking out. I got online and read that you have to be served in court to get this writ of garnishment here in Arkansas. So this made me think they told me that just so I wouldn't show up to court so they would automatically win...My question is what do i need to do to keep this garnishment from happening or is it too late?

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.