Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card judgement listed as "tax lien" on EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card judgement listed as "tax lien" on EQ

I've been waiting for this credit card judgment to drop off of my EQ (its been off my EX and TU). I didn't dispute the incorrect "title" because I assumed it would fall off this month, but after reading the statement below I'm thinking it might not. What can I do to get this removed without "waking" this lender?

Public record information includes bankruptcies, liens or judgments and comes from federal, state or county court records.

You have no Bankruptcies on file.

You have no Judgments on file.

Tax Lien Non-released (unpaid) tax liens, outside the state of California, remain on the file indefinitely until released. In California they are removed 10 years from the date filed. All released tax liens are removed 7 years from the release date.

Date Filed: 06/2001
Case Number: LN0103799 FIRST SELECT INC
Court Number/Name:
Court Address: 800 Adams St
Toledo, OH 43624

Amount: $1,738
Class: VC/ County/City
Date Reported: N/A
Lien Status:
Date Released:
Date Verified:
Comments:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card judgement listed as "tax lien" on EQ

Civil and small claim judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.

City, county, state, and federal tax liens: Unpaid tax liens remain 15 years from the filing date. Paid tax liens remain seven years from the paid date of the lien.

CRTP-

You'll have to dispute with the CRA to try and get it fixed. I'd send copies of court documents with a written dispute.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card judgement listed as "tax lien" on EQ

Thanks for your help. I called EQ and they said it was removed from my report. I haven't gotten a scorewatch alert so I don't know if my score will go up or not.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.