Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card offers.....already?

tag
marcuscan
Valued Member

Credit card offers.....already?

guys & gals,

I'm one you could definitely say is on the road to recovery.  All my scores are b/t 525 - 550 but surprisingly I got 2 credit card offers.  Granted, they were for limits in the $350 - 500 range, but really.........what am I doing getting these offers?!?  From my understanding of things my scores stink.

Neither of the banks were large or well recognizable and I tore up the offers before committing their names to memory or I'd share their names on here.  I guess my question is, at what point in time should I start to consider accepting an offer? 

I currently only have one pre-paid BoA CC that I opened to establish a positive tradeline.

thanks

mc
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card offers.....already?

I used to and still do get pre-approval letters from CC companies all the time.  When I first got them when my credit hit rock bottom, I was like "Geez people still want to give me credit?" but after applying for these so-called "pre-approved" credit cards I was denied every time and was hit with inquiries.  Now I don't pay them any mind and I just toss them.

Now if a CC actually sends me a card where all I have to do is activate it then that is different.  I used to get those alot when my credit was excellent.

It will be a long time before I see that again.

v/r
James

Message Edited by JShidell on 06-24-2008 06:58 AM
Message 2 of 3
marcuscan
Valued Member

Re: Credit card offers.....already?

you know, i kind of figured that.......these are the sort of offers that will only hurt me in the end.  Either by being open CCs w/real crappy terms or they'd simply deny me and cost me an inquiry.  Glad I chucked them and kept it moving.

thanks.

mc
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.