Established Member
marcuscan

Credit card offers.....already?

guys & gals,

I'm one you could definitely say is on the road to recovery.  All my scores are b/t 525 - 550 but surprisingly I got 2 credit card offers.  Granted, they were for limits in the $350 - 500 range, but really.........what am I doing getting these offers?!?  From my understanding of things my scores stink.

Neither of the banks were large or well recognizable and I tore up the offers before committing their names to memory or I'd share their names on here.  I guess my question is, at what point in time should I start to consider accepting an offer? 

I currently only have one pre-paid BoA CC that I opened to establish a positive tradeline.

thanks

mc
Frequent Contributor
JShidell

Re: Credit card offers.....already?

[ Edited ]
I used to and still do get pre-approval letters from CC companies all the time.  When I first got them when my credit hit rock bottom, I was like "Geez people still want to give me credit?" but after applying for these so-called "pre-approved" credit cards I was denied every time and was hit with inquiries.  Now I don't pay them any mind and I just toss them.

Now if a CC actually sends me a card where all I have to do is activate it then that is different.  I used to get those alot when my credit was excellent.

It will be a long time before I see that again.

v/r
James

Message Edited by JShidell on 06-24-2008 06:58 AM
Established Member
marcuscan

Re: Credit card offers.....already?

you know, i kind of figured that.......these are the sort of offers that will only hurt me in the end.  Either by being open CCs w/real crappy terms or they'd simply deny me and cost me an inquiry.  Glad I chucked them and kept it moving.

thanks.

mc

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+