Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card reporting/statement date

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Credit card reporting/statement date

This confuses me. I have an $11 balance, due date is today, I did have a $120 something dollar balance, minimum due by today was $18.82, paid $100, left $11 remaining, when will that $11 report if it was due today? I paid the $100 early, like a week ago. I won't be charged interest on the $11 bc I charged $93 on the card after the previous statement had cut. But I'm just curious how long after the due date the balance reports. (It's a cap1 secured card)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cazz
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit card reporting/statement date

It really depends on the card but generally about 1 week after the due date for example my credit one card is due on August 28th the statement date is September 4th  and it generally reports on the 7th or 8th so about 7-10 days after my due date...

Message 2 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Should be within a week. depending on your creditor. My due date is on the 9th of the month and they report on the 14th. Do not use the card during that period.

Message 3 of 9
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

So it reports on the statement date, correct? Any idea how I find out when the statement date is?

Message 4 of 9
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

I have two CapOne cards.  The statement generates three days after the payment due date.  If you log in to your CapOne account, choose View Previous Statements from the Recent Activity drop down menu, your previous statements will appear.  The day of the month should be the same for all previous months.  This is the day the information is sent to the CRA.  For example, one account has a due date of the 19th.  The statement is generated on the 22nd and updated with the CRA that same day.

Message 5 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@cwwatts1202 wrote:
This confuses me. I have an $11 balance, due date is today, I did have a $120 something dollar balance, minimum due by today was $18.82, paid $100, left $11 remaining, when will that $11 report if it was due today? I paid the $100 early, like a week ago. I won't be charged interest on the $11 bc I charged $93 on the card after the previous statement had cut. But I'm just curious how long after the due date the balance reports. (It's a cap1 secured card)

It will report on the statement closing date which should be indicated on your statement Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

Cap1 is running really late due to the aquisition of HSBC.  My cap1 card has not reported since 6-21 (due date 6-18).  That being said, my HSBC card that was due to report on or around 7-24, reported mid-cycle which was 2 weeks before my due date and before I PIF'd.  It reported almost maxed out which caused me to lose 12-15 points Smiley Sad  Still waiting for new update to show all $0 balances.  Hoping to gain my points back too!  Frontline CSR's apparently are not aware of the transition related reporting delay so I reached out to EO and they're requesting a CB update for me.  Hasnt hit yet but still hoping!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 7 of 9
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@coffeepleeze wrote:

Cap1 is running really late due to the aquisition of HSBC.  My cap1 card has not reported since 6-21 (due date 6-18).  That being said, my HSBC card that was due to report on or around 7-24, reported mid-cycle which was 2 weeks before my due date and before I PIF'd.  It reported almost maxed out which caused me to lose 12-15 points Smiley Sad  Still waiting for new update to show all $0 balances.  Hoping to gain my points back too!  Frontline CSR's apparently are not aware of the transition related reporting delay so I reached out to EO and they're requesting a CB update for me.  Hasnt hit yet but still hoping!! Smiley Happy

I see my statement date is the 5th.. but how do I know when it reports so I don't spend anything on it before it reports? Money is tight this week, my husbands check was almost $100 shorter so I was hoping to use the credit card if we needed it but I don't wanna use any of it until the $11 reports..

Message 8 of 9
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

it should report whatever the balance is as of the statement date, which in your case is the 5th.  and normally, it takes 2-5 days to hit your credit reports and it Should report the balance as of that statement date, not what you used after that date.  BUT, with cap1's reporting being ascew due to the hsbc transition, it may or may not update like usual.  the last time my cap1 updated was 6-21.  still waiting...lol.  And when mine does finally update, I have No Idea what date or balance its going to use so I dont want to mislead you...  hang in there and good luck! 

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.