Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card success!!!

I just wanted to post that I have only been actively looking through posts on this site since the Fall of '12.  Everyone, seriously everyone has been so helpful.  I wanted to give you an update.  I was just approved through Navy Federal last week to refinance both of my auto loans, one of which was at 22%.  They refinanced both of my cars at 4.49%!!!!!!  They had declined my credit card app in November '12 and also Feb 11 '13.  Today, I thought, what the heck, I have so many inquiries now, I will just try one more time and I was APPROVED for their rewards visa card for $10k.    I am still in total shock but wanted to let you all know that if you follow the advice of others, you can make huge strides in a short time.  FYI- my credit scores in the fall were in the high 400's.  Now, they are around 610.  thank you to everybody.  I still have a long way to go, but these forums gave me the KNOWLEDGE and COURAGE to repair my credit. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card success!!!

Congrats on the approvals and nice auto loan rate refi! Keep up the good work!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Congrats to YOU!!!   Keep up the great workSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.