Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit control PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit control PFD?

So me and my wife are about to submit an application for a mortgage. My current middle score EXP mortgage score is sitting at 625 which we would like to get above 640 qualifying us for a much better rate.  

We have one collection reporting for $148.00 through Credit Control Service, Progressive account, opened November 2014. 

!.) Does anyone know much about these guys? Any luck with PFD?

2.) I understand many factors go into scoring however what impact would this have potentially bumping our score 15pts with deletion?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit control PFD?

Is this the only derogatory account on your report?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 12
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Is it Credit Control or Credit Collection Services ?  I had esurance with CCS and they will delete after payment as part of standard policy.   I currently have a Progressive with them as well but not paid yet. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd, So according to Experian it's credit CONTROL and all other reports reads as credit COLLECTIONS services. CCS in Norwood, MA which I'm assuming is correct? 

Also, yes this is our last collection

Message 4 of 12
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

I believe CCS is in MA.  They remove once paid - at least they did with mine as part of their policy as I understood. This was about 3 months ago. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great!

Did you ask for a PFD or send a GW letter for your deletion? I'm gonna give them a call this afternoon and take care of it

Message 6 of 12
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Neither.  It's just their policy. 

Message 7 of 12
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

Where do you find their "standard policy" because I have a collections from Mediacom cable purchased by CCS located in Norwood, MA? I told them that I will pay for delete. This was based on the information provided several times within the forum that CCS will PFD. My intentions to them were clear and when I mentioned this to them they gave the ol' we-have-to-report-what-is-accurate routine. I said that their policy and website indicate it will be deleted upon payment, and they asked me where I saw that. In fairness, I never saw it anywhere, but have seen it mentioned so many times on MyFICO.

Mar'12 ~ EQ 654, TU 655, EX 665 (Bank Pull: Kroll Factual Data)
Jun'12 ~ EQ 717 (SW), TU 708 (FICO Standard)
Message 8 of 12
boog13
New Contributor

If I recall correctly the policy is on the website right before you pay. It took mine almost the full 30days to fall off.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will delete! Pay asap in full. I had a progressive collection and they deleted like in 3 weeks after payment was done
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.