Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit counseling

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Credit counseling

Any good reputable companies that can delete paid charge offs or account that are over 5 years old? And how much are they?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit counseling

Paying a charge-off and having an age of 5 years are not basis for deletion.

They are obtained by writing the furnisher and requesting they delete their reporting.

The reasons for requesting deletion vare based on your personal situation, which a credit repair organizatin cannot invent.

All they can do is send it for you.

My advice is to do it yourself.

Message 2 of 6
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thank you,! Where do I find it on here? I'm not sure what to say and whatelse I should write. 

Message 3 of 6
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Do I request the letter first to make sure they will give it to me 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Booboo71 wrote:

Thank you,! Where do I find it on here? I'm not sure what to say and whatelse I should write. 

You would use goodwill letters in an attempt to remove the CO, good luck Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Do I request the letter first to make sure they will give it to me 

If the items you wish to get removed have been paid, then what you are seeking is 'Good Will" deletions. Go to the 'frequently requested threads' in the stickies section and read the GW threads.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.