Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit dropped due to Mortgage

tag
TrinaGwyn
Valued Member

Credit dropped due to Mortgage

Here's my question-I am building a home, long story short the lenders I went with checked my credit 4 times over the last 6 months-this brought my inquires up to 8-16 depending on what credit bureau your looking at. Will this harm me from getting a CC with lowes?!? Or will they look at the last year and see it was only for a mortgage? I have had no hard inquires for the last 12 months but the mortgage company?!?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit dropped due to Mortgage

@TrinaGwyn wrote:
Here's my question-I am building a home, long story short the lenders I went with checked my credit 4 times over the last 6 months-this brought my inquires up to 8-16 depending on what credit bureau your looking at. Will this harm me from getting a CC with lowes?!? Or will they look at the last year and see it was only for a mortgage? I have had no hard inquires for the last 12 months but the mortgage company?!?

If you don't get an instant approval these INQ's could easily be explained on a recon call and would probably end with you being approved providing UTL and scores are ok.

Congarts on the new home 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
TrinaGwyn
Valued Member

Thank you! I was hoping this would be the case-just frustrated in seeing that many pulls. All mine in October-pretty excited!
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TrinaGwyn wrote:
Thank you! I was hoping this would be the case-just frustrated in seeing that many pulls. All mine in October-pretty excited!

Please allow me to start the new home dance 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.