Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file for Shogun

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Credit file for Shogun

AMex   opened: 3/16/1974 Date of last activity 9/2012 Balance 1,984  Pays as agreed no bad Open

Amex #2 opened 8/1974 Paid and closed paid as agrees closed by consumer

Amex #3 12/1974 paid and closed by consumer no bad

Bank of America open 2006 zero balance paid and closed by consumer

Bank of NY/CC opened 11/80 No credit limit reported date of last activity 7/2004 Pays as agreed installment shows no balance not zero doesnt say open or closed??

Bank One Auto opened 7/2000 AST PAYMENT 11/2002 PAID MISSING REST OF PAGE GOD HELP me pLEASE

oKAY  SO BESIDES SEARS  being opened in 1968 before I was born two baddies only one 30-59 late Sallie Mae thanks Bro for being a jerk(dad cosigned brothers loan for MBA)Is this old enough not to hurt as my brother has made other late payments and Im afraid to wake the sleeping bear!!

One late in jANUARY 2011 FOR mortgage 30-59 day late with Mortgage service center Do you know them? it appears I contacted wrong company will try to gw 

Did not list all cards or loans closed and in good standing no bads I think its safe to say he has good mix as well as age and only these few bad marks. ANy suggestions for highest FICO boost He has open one car loan 1,000 left  and amex and tow toher cards probably close to zero balance.  Should he pay off car loan before applying for refi??

ANd if I have all cards report zero and then one with less than 9% will the fico score hold through 30-45 days? By the way Im so tired thats why this took me so long to think and type.  It would be nice if once I could help my DaD OUT OF A JAM, as there were alot of them in my youth.  

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit file for Shogun

Well, doesn't look bad at all.  He has a couple minor derogs with the school loan and with the mortgage.  Don't know how old the school loan is, but the mortgage is approaching a year old and it will lose a lot of sting, it become pretty much irrelevant after 2 years.  But when going for a refinance, he'll need to have a year of clean payments.  Since it's just a one time thing, I do think a GW would be a good route to go.

So basically after that, it's the sears TL that needs to be corrected.  File that BBB dispute, get the ball rolling on that.  Maybe contact the mortgage and just ask if they have a one time forgiveness policy, some places actually do.

He's in good shape.  If you get the Sears taken care of, I'd say a slam dunk.

Oh, and just leave the auto loan, I don't think he has a DTI problem, so just let it factor in a bit.  As far as the little bump for mortgage, have only one CC with a balance, and just let it hover at a couple percent.  Less than 9 anyway of it's CL.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

tHANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I go to Long Island tommorow will do better business bureau, and mortgage forgivance. I was aware of that but seems I contacted the wrong company. Oh... sometimes you need to make sure you are going in the right direction.  Im so glad u and the beagle are up.  By the way your daughter may say Dad really but one day when she is older you can bet she will boast about how she knows so much about credit and why she has a perfect score..how old is she now??

Message 3 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

The school loan opened in 1999 and the late was in 5/2009

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

She's 13 and already knows it all.  Just ask her.  LOL

2009?  Lost all it's sting, doing more good than bad.  Just leave it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Oh she only knows it all wait till she is about 15 and she thinks her parents never did this or that? Im planning on hopefully having a child in the next year! But I m already for sorry for this child because if they can think it up chances are I already did it.LOL even harder!! Thank you for all your help Ill keep you posted as sooon as the show gets going!!Heart

Message 6 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

She's 13 and already knows it all.  Just ask her.  LOL

We have a 13 year old girl as well,

Highschool, /shudder

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.