Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit help for me dad pls!

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Credit help for me dad pls!

So, today my dad received a mail stating that there is a restraining notice placed on his bank account. He had a Boa CC/Fia card services that went to collections, and he was sued but he never got the court papers so the judegement was defaulted. the amount is $5000, is there anyway he can contact Boa to settle it for less?, he barely had anything in his checking account since my dad ha snot been working for awhile. There is a lawyer who is representing BOa, shud he contact them to see if he can settle for less? any advice helps.. thanks!!! my dad just want to be done with this.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit help for me dad pls!

He can contact the attorney and ask about a settlement, yes.

Since he was never served, he can also contact the court house and see about getting the judgment vacated.  It doesn't make the debt go away, just the  judgment.

Message 2 of 4
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

My dad does not speak very good english, is he able to have a Attorney contact the attorney to offer a settlement of the judegment? can my dad still contact Boa/Fia Card services to settle with them? since the judgment was granted to them.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

He can certainly try to contact BoA.  They may just direct him to the attorney.

Yes, he could have an attorney contact BoAs attorney.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.