Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit inquiries

Hi,

Does anyone have a good letter for getting inquires removed from the 3 bureaus?  I have way too many in a short amount of time and would really like them gone.   Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have a good letter for getting inquires removed from the 3 bureaus?  I have way too many in a short amount of time and would really like them gone.   Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

If they are all legitimate, then you have to let them age off. After one year they will not effect your scores as much and after two years they fall away. No way I have ever heard to have them removed, letter or no letter. Sorry.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishful thinking though.....

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's disappointing news...  Thanks though.

Message 4 of 9
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

That makes 2 of us lol I have 28 inquiries right now on my TU report and about 11 on the other 2.... I know... I went app crazy last year and it's costing me..

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

That makes 2 of us lol I have 28 inquiries right now on my TU report and about 11 on the other 2.... I know... I went app crazy last year and it's costing me..

Inquiries are, at worst a short term issue. They only affect scores for 12 months and they are removed completely at 24. Start thinking long term goals and plans and let the inquiries take care of themselves.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Inquiries are, at worst a short term issue. They only affect scores for 12 months and they are removed completely at 24. Start thinking long term goals and plans and let the inquiries take care of themselves.

Excellent advice!

Message 7 of 9
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

I certainly am not so worried about the inquiries to be honest. I understand how they work now thanks to these forums!!! I've been working on removing derogetory marks etc and have been successful with 2 of the 3 CRA's thus far Smiley Happy

Now, I need to start building good credit history with my 2 brand new Credit Cards and get some good payment history going as well.
TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

In the meantime, the best you can do is try to wait it out if possible and try to grow what you have, assuming the inquiries are so many that it will likely be a problem for lenders.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.