cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit is causing severe depression issues and my marriage is suffering,

tag

Credit is causing severe depression issues and my marriage is suffering,

Ok,

I have been working for over four years to bring my husbands credit up. He stated in the 400's he now has scores of 585 620 645, this is where the buck stops. For years we have been told to get more credit and to diversify his credit profile. So we now have 9 credit cards. No late pays on any of them and only 9% utilization. (Low limits all $700 or under) Our income was $91300 this year but typically it is $67000 per year. He has been on his jobs and in his field for 15.5 years. There are four collections on his credit $335 for Badcock (furniture store 3 years old ), they reuse a PFD and a PIF if we pay them. There is $8790 for a college collection ( it is not his 6 months old) We have obtained a police report. (the collection company still will not stop writing about payment ERS collections ). There is 1st premier for $556 ( it is 7 years old and they keep re-aging the debt) they have refused a PIF and PFD. Then there is a car that he cosigned for his ex in 2006 my General Motors, Americredit and they wont PIF or PFD. We have been offered a FHA loan but we will have to pay all collections included the aged ones. What can I do? I feel like just walking away from my marriage over this. I can not take it, I have written letter after letter to no avail. If I pay the debts I may lose points, and I cannot qualify for a loan if I lose 1 point.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit is causing severe depression issues and my marriage is suffering,

Sorry to hear the stress you are going through.  I know it, I've been through it, and there is light at then end of the tunnel.  Let me see if I can help a bit and throw my 2 cents at it.

@Myfamilyiseverything wrote:

Ok,

I have been working for over four years to bring my husbands credit up. He stated in the 400's he now has scores of 585 620 645, this is where the buck stops. For years we have been told to get more credit and to diversify his credit profile. So we now have 9 credit cards. No late pays on any of them and only 9% utilization.

Pay all the cards off but one, and leave it under 9%

(Low limits all $700 or under) Our income was $91300 this year but typically it is $67000 per year. He has been on his jobs and in his field for 15.5 years. There are four collections on his credit $335 for Badcock (furniture store 3 years old ), they reuse a PFD and a PIF if we pay them.

They can refuse a PFD, however they cannot refuse a PIF if you pay the bill.  That would be false reporting.  Pay it and try the GW route.

There is $8790 for a college collection ( it is not his 6 months old) We have obtained a police report. (the collection company still will not stop writing about payment ERS collections ).

Fill out the fraud affadavit and send it into the CRAs.  Then send a copy of the police report and a Cease and Desist letter to the CA.

There is 1st premier for $556 ( it is 7 years old and they keep re-aging the debt) they have refused a PIF and PFD.

How are they reaging the debt?  At 7 years it should be off or close to coming off.  Do you know the DOFD? 

Then there is a car that he cosigned for his ex in 2006 my General Motors, Americredit and they wont PIF or PFD.

You may have to settle with this one, sorry.  How much is it?  Can you try to settle it for a percentage?  Good news is it's really old and should be close to exclusion due to 7 year CRTP.

We have been offered a FHA loan but we will have to pay all collections included the aged ones. What can I do? I feel like just walking away from my marriage over this. I can not take it, I have written letter after letter to no avail. If I pay the debts I may lose points, and I cannot qualify for a loan if I lose 1 point.

I know how heart breaking it can be and how overwhelming it can be.  If we can get those old ones paid and off, and change the util on your CCs, you might be closer than you think.  I don't know how much money you have right now, or how much the car debt was.  I know when I started this, I threw a ton of money out in a hurry, some I shouldn't have.  But it did work.

So if you think of it, with those 2 being 7 years old and falling off soon, one being fraud and shouldn't be on there.  You're only left with one 3 year old CO, and you have plenty of other TLs to thicken your file and help offset this one baddie.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your help with this. I will send off payment for the Badcock debt. The credit cards we just paid all off exept one as of today. This should hit his credit report soon. The car loan is $1666 and it has also been reaged. I have credit reports from 2007,2008, 2010 and 2013 and on each one the date of last activity has changed although no payment has been made on this account at all. It reports EVERY month as a repo/collection. It reports as 34 reported 90+ days late! The last actual payment on the account was 11/2006. The same deal goes for the 1st financial cc. I have old reports showing that the schedule remove date is 2013 or 02/2014 not it says 2016. This credit card was reported as a charge off in 2006. They both should be removed, but to no avail. 

Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Myfamilyiseverything wrote:

Thanks for your help with this. I will send off payment for the Badcock debt. The credit cards we just paid all off exept one as of today. This should hit his credit report soon. The car loan is $1666 and it has also been reaged. I have credit reports from 2007,2008, 2010 and 2013 and on each one the date of last activity has changed although no payment has been made on this account at all. It reports EVERY month as a repo/collection. It reports as 34 reported 90+ days late! The last actual payment on the account was 11/2006. The same deal goes for the 1st financial cc. I have old reports showing that the schedule remove date is 2013 or 02/2014 not it says 2016. This credit card was reported as a charge off in 2006. They both should be removed, but to no avail. 

Technically, this could still still report, but it's definitely past 7 years since DOFD.   I'd dispute this with the CRAs.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.