cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma alert - No idea what its talking about?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Credit karma alert - No idea what its talking about?

I got this alert from Credit Karma in my inbox tonight and have no idea what its talking about.  (They use TU to base their scoring but didnt get scorewatch alert for this action and havent gotten CK alert for when my WF cc started reporting today either.) Here is the alert:

Jun 21, 2012 Alert: an account has been listed as improved payment status
Payments: Credit Monitoring Alert on Jun 20, 2012        
Type: Waste Recycling/Hazardous Waste Handlers
Payment Status: Collection/chargeoff

As far as I know, I have no collection/chargeoff account on any of my reports (TU, EX or EQ) for a waste recycling/hazardous waster handler.  Any idea what this is? 

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit karma alert - No idea what its talking about?

I'd be looking at my actual TU report. CK only tends to go back 2 years on stuff like that. Could be someone with a similar name having credit issues bleeding over ontp your report.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 2 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I pulled my TU report from Annualreport official website 6/8/12.  There was no mention of anything remotely similar in that report (or any of the other 2 reports for that matter).  The CK alert did say: status improved.  Should I order a new TU report to look into this? Is there a way to get more info from CK? I wanted to hold off till after the end of this month.

Message 3 of 13
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Do you subscribe to a monitoring service? I go with USAA because you can pull all 3 reports and FAKOs daily.
Message 4 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

JonRun wrote:
Do you subscribe to a monitoring service? I go with USAA because you can pull all 3 reports and FAKOs daily.

I have Score Watch and FICO Quarterly Monitoring. I havent joined any other one yet. 

Message 5 of 13
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I have Score Watch set to alert me if my score moves up 1 point and I have USAA. I like USAA because you can see all 3 reports once a day. It alerts you if your score moves, a new account is added, etc.
Message 6 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I've just changed it to notify me if goes up pt. Does it automatically notify you if it goes down?

Message 7 of 13
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Mine did last time it went down due to a hard inquiry.
Message 8 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

CK is weird. I just had an LVNV account deleted but apparently CK still calculates the account in my "total debt", yet doesn't list the account itself on any of the reports it lists to me. I had to order another TU report just to be sure it's gone for real.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

CK is weird. I just had an LVNV account deleted but apparently CK still calculates the account in my "total debt", yet doesn't list the account itself on any of the reports it lists to me. I had to order another TU report just to be sure it's gone for real.

I think I'm going to have to do that as well.  Question, if my Cap1 bill normally cycles on 24th of month and the 24th this month is a Sunday, what day is the bill generated? Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday? 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.