Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma dropped 38 points on equifax...smh

tag
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Credit karma dropped 38 points on equifax...smh

Down to 537 EQ on CK...about a 90 point difference from myfico. Entertaining if nothing else...

TU went up 8 though...so I got that going for me...which is nice.

Just sharing my roller coaster ride Smiley Happy

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Credit karma dropped 38 points on equifax...smh

Yes indeed. CK is good to be alerted for account changes, but nothing more. My CK scores are consistently 40-50 point lower than my actual FICO scores.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got you beat lol.  Checked my Creditwise from my Cap1 account and had a -137.  The same day MyFico TU had jumped up +16.  Overall a 180 point difference between the two Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Apparently CK hates new accounts and 2 paid off cards. In their defense I did take a hit on AAoA opening some new store cards. But 2000 in new unused credit and 2 paid off cards should counter I'd think...anyways I learned to stop worrying about CS swings...staying focused on fedloan removal and utilization will take me to the green pasture.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinA wrote:
Apparently CK hates new accounts and 2 paid off cards. In their defense I did take a hit on AAoA opening some new store cards. But 2000 in new unused credit and 2 paid off cards should counter I'd think...anyways I learned to stop worrying about CS swings...staying focused on fedloan removal and utilization will take me to the green pasture.
My CK scores are in excess of 100 pts. under FICO. You are correct, their model DOES hate new accounts

Message 5 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@AutoBot wrote:

Yes indeed. CK is good to be alerted for account changes, but nothing more. My CK scores are consistently 40-50 point lower than my actual FICO scores.

Same here.  And as your credit journey matures, you close cards, open better ones, inquiries age past one year, etc, the differences will be much stronger.  I just use to monitor activity.  Use credit.com for experian.  Used to use quizzle, but they went the way of credit sesame, making redundant with CK.  I have cards now that give me my scores, Discover TU (barclays does not always update accurately), Amex for Experian, and Citi for enhanced equifax.  Will not pull paid scores again until need a hard pull for something.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added 3 accounts and lost 70 points. It makes me laugh how far they are off. I'm glad it's free. It's why I never pay for FAKO scores. Even TU selling there product doesn't even offer a fico8 haha. Even between all the FAKO none are the same.
Message 7 of 8
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Just bought a minivan lastnight and they pulled EQ so there goes the 537 theory. Came in at 626 woooo!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.