Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma score jumped. From 616 to 644

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Credit karma score jumped. From 616 to 644

If only this was my real score. I am not sure why it jumped. Maybe one of my gw letters worked who knows...
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Credit karma score jumped. From 616 to 644

I've noticed a few quirks in credit karma scores. First, they track average age of OPEN accounts, not AAoA. So if you close a recently open account, your score will jump. For comparison, I was added as an AU to my wife's account from 2002. Fico jumped 5 points. Credit karma jumped 35 points. Second, unlike fico, the amounts of your credit limits are somehow counted. In the course of two months, my credit limits went from 3200 to 29600 and utilization remained 0. Ck shot up 20 points, eq myfico didn't move. Finally, tu reports collections different from eq or ex. I don't understand the difference, but the same information is killing me on tu and barely dinging me on ex or eq. When I got one of those items removed, tu jumped a bunch, eq went up 2 points. Since ck pulls tu, that may also play a role.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:
If only this was my real score. I am not sure why it jumped. Maybe one of my gw letters worked who knows...

My Credit Karma TU score has always been lower than my TU Fico score. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@namvet wrote:

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:

My Credit Karma TU score has always been lower than my TU Fico score. 

Same here, my CK TransRisk score is 770ish and my TU FICO is 799 pulled here at myFICO 2/02/12

Message 4 of 6
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Same for me - my CK score is roughly 20 point lower than my FICO

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Wow maybe I should go ahead and pay to pull my reports on this site. I was planning to try and wait a while but I have to fax citibank a copy of my reports anyways because they are reporting my paid off credit card incorrectly.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.