Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit monitoring services

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Credit monitoring services

Are there any other CMS's besides SW or USAA that will allow you to pull a daily report? I tried signing up for USAA's CMS but do not qualify due to no military affiliation. I played around with Credit Karma the other day and it's pretty useless to me, imho. Any others out there?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit monitoring services

You don't have to have a military affiliation to use USAA's credit check monitoring. Try that one again. I thought you did, too, at first. I went back and started looking around on the website and figured it out (it isn't very user friendly).

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
TBOY012
Valued Member

are you wanting to pull all 3 or a particular CRA?

Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Daily pullers:

All 3:

EliminateIDTheft (FAKOs - TransRisk Scores)

USAA CreditCheck Monitoring  (FAKOs - PLUS scores)

AlertPlus (FAKOs - PLUS scores....must be a Merril Lynch CC holder)

Amex CreditSecure (FAKOs - PLUS scores...daily pulls available under the Unlimited plan)

EQ only:

Equifax ID Patrol (no score)

Credit Watch (no score)

Equifax Complete (FAKOs - Equifax Credit Score)

TU only:

Truecredit.com (FAKOs - VantageScore...it's like a daily puller...daily updates on TU)

CreditKarma.com (FAKOs - Vantage & TransRisk...similar to a daily puller, but doesn't show full report...issues for some lately)

EX only:

Experian Credit Tracker (FAKOs - PLUS scores)

freecreditreport.com (FAKOs - PLUS scores)

And ditto to the above, you don't have to have served to subscribe to USAA's product. Anyone can subscribe.

Message 4 of 10
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Lois5669 wrote:

You don't have to have a military affiliation to use USAA's credit check monitoring. Try that one again. I thought you did, too, at first. I went back and started looking around on the website and figured it out (it isn't very user friendly).

Wow...I called the customer service number and that's what I was told. I guess I'll try calling back and talking to someone different (the website won't let me for some reason).

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 5 of 10
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@TBOY012 wrote:

are you wanting to pull all 3 or a particular CRA?

Mainly EQ...not even wanting the score, just waiting on this dang account to update the paid down balance and getting extremely impatient.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RW771 wrote:

@Lois5669 wrote:

Wow...I called the customer service number and that's what I was told. I guess I'll try calling back and talking to someone different (the website won't let me for some reason).

Yes, please do.  I signed up with USAA recently.  My husband used to be in the military but I didn't share any of my husband's info when I signed up.  According to my information/application I had absolutely no military affiliation.

Message 7 of 10
TBOY012
Valued Member

Recently signed up with EIDT and was able to pull all three reports. Today is my first day pulling so I cannot say if I can really pull everyday. One confusing part was, they stated they would a welcome back via email in 2 days and never received the email. Went to the website, login was my email and just clicked on forgot password to get a new pass.

Message 8 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

You could always call EQ and say Im confused...I paid xyz account how come it isnt updated 9 out 0f 10 times the cra will tell you oh it was updated or it takes xyz days eitherway you get free answer most of the time play dumb and confused  Also I know you think credit karma is useless but they do pull transunion everyday as I have my report and see all the soft pulls Credit sesame which is also free pulls experian but it can only be pulled once a month but its free!! Hope that helps 

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 9 of 10
LoneWolf52
Established Member

@Lois5669 wrote:

To say that USAA's site "isn't very user friendly" is kind of like saying that Mount Everest looks fairly large from certain angles. The USAA web site is one of the worst-designed pieces of crap I've ever seen--and I'm on the Web all day every day for a living! ! It's damn near impossible to navigate. They ought to fire all their Web designers. I can't believe they can't do a better job than that. LITERALLY it's one of the two or three worst designed sites by a major organization that I've ever seen.

After the fifth time I tried to navigate their site and got thrown off it, I finally hit the right spot and text-entry combination to enter the key information--the stats of my father, who served in the military. (My mother did, too.) Their #_*^$# site couldn't verify that and gave me a useless error code about information that I clearly entered on teh same page--and could see it entered correctly in the right spot!!! Their site is some sort of joke, right? It's kind of like the Hell site, edited, which won't let you leave. Just abysmal.

Sorry for the rant, folks, but here's a word to the wise: if their credit-montoring service is as bad as their Web site, it's not worth using. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.